In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Made it to the woods today

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Locust Post, Nov 29, 2014.

  1. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Cut a nice load of elm and a little cherry to round it out.

    All piled and ready for the splitter.

    Then a little of Beetlekill's favorite, Aspen rounds
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  2. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    You forgot your camera?
     
    papadave likes this.
  3. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Try that
     
    papadave likes this.
  4. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Beautiful day to be out.
     
    Shawn Curry likes this.
  5. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    It was a great day out my way, 32 deg and mostly clear.
    Nice, crisp, dry air...
     
    Shawn Curry likes this.
  6. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Great shots! Nice load and some really good looking rounds..
     
    papadave likes this.
  7. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    :tree: ... nice job LP.
     
    My IS heats my home likes this.
  8. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    LP- looking great!
     
    My IS heats my home likes this.
  9. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Don't usually mess with aspen to often but a friend had one blow over so I cut it up to get it out of his way. It's amazing how heavy those rounds are now but once it's dry it's really light.
     
  10. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Nice day for the woods. Fun day for you. Good stuff ehh
     
  11. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    That's a good days work in anyone's book !
    Busy , fun , rewarding, good weather day. :yes:

    When does it get split ?
     
  12. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I'm pretty sure some of what I cut is big tooth Aspen, and yep, it's heavy then lightweight.
    Burns decent.
     
    Shawn Curry likes this.
  13. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    I swear aspen & cottonwood, green weight is over 1/2 water.
    After handling birch, it feels like balsa wood when dry.
     
  14. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I like the aspen ok and it seems to burn ok in the stove, cottonwood.....nah !!!!! I know you can burn it but I just don't waste my time.
     
  15. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Not sure when I will split it, I'm trying to stay after it so I don't get in the situation I had last year. Way to much to split in the spring and summer snuck up on me.
     
  16. Loon

    Loon

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,560
    Likes Received:
    37,138
    Location:
    North of the border
    Very nice LP.:)