Have to install a damper in my ICC pipe. Comes in a 6 inch ultrablack double wall length. I have a slip section from my stovetop collar to the angled section that goes into my ceiling box. My options are install essentially at the ceiling, or install immediately above the stove collar (Progress Hybrid). Can't reach the ceiling to adjust. Is it OK with a cat stove to install immediately above the collar?
Yes I have mine right at the collar. The issue is barometric pressure if you put it higher it will be much less effective when you need it. Honestly we only need ours one or twice a year in high winds. I could probably even go without it but its good insurance to have.
I agree with PP, the only times I used my inline damper was in high wind situations, it helped with a run-away fire situation. A situation where there is a cat nearby shouldn't pose too much of a risk, the flue temps lower with gases after the cat burns. What stove are you running? and where is your cat located in relationship to your flue collar?