In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Snowood this AM

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by fuelrod, Nov 27, 2014.

  1. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    Our first snow of the year. Kinda wet and the ground isn't frozen, made for some chitty plowing! DSCN3902.JPG View attachment 38293 DSCN3898.JPG
     
  2. Ralphie Boy

    Ralphie Boy

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    4,274
    Likes Received:
    29,904
    Location:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    Nice stack!:drool::drool: Nice toy too!:drool::drool: As for them snow...you keep it.....:whistle:
     
    Loon likes this.
  3. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Its that time of year. Stacks are nice and not getting wet. Nice plow u got there
     
    Loon likes this.
  4. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    The one bright spot with the snow is that now I don't have to worry about keeping the old roofing steel on in the wind!:banana:
     
    Stinny, tuneighty, Loon and 2 others like this.
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    :thumbs:Hydraulics and motors are always handy.:thumbs:
     
    Stinny, Loon and fuelrod like this.
  6. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Nice snow toy for sure!
     
    Loon likes this.
  7. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    I call it my "git er done"! :D
     
  8. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    heated cab??
     
    Loon likes this.
  9. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    10-4 on the heat!
     
    Stinny and Loon like this.
  10. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    You're plowing with that and complaining?:hair:
    I'm having some doubt about how tough that might be.:picard:
     
    Stinny and Loon like this.
  11. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Paintballs on the stacks?
    Love the skids steer
     
    Loon likes this.
  12. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Can you say
    "Spoiled "

    Wood tractor & now this :bug:

    Sweet !
    Nice set up, what other attachments you got?
    When it freezes do you need chains ?

    Nice stacks & shed :)
     
  13. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    Oh no, not at all. It's just a little tough plowing before the ground is frozen. The plow dig's in to the ground and makes a mess of my roads that are all gravel/dirt. Even with my toy's, I usually spend at least a half to 3/4 of the day with each snow. I do enjoy the snow & plowing.
     
    Backwoods Savage and papadave like this.
  14. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    Just a few different buckets, a "land plane" that re-grades the dirt roads (after I plow them before their frozen), post hole auger, and a rotary mower. That grapple that you saw on the tractor, and that goofy pole crane that you might have noticed also fit the SS. I do chain up all 4 usually a little later on in the season after the hardpack layer of snow is set in.
     
  15. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    Those marks are either dates or mark a through pole that go's across both rows, hopefully stabilizing the stack. This double row thing I'm doing is new to me. I used to stack single row, but that uses a lot of pallets. I cut my wood @ 26" for my Wood Gun (gasser) and although it must dry a little slower, it seems to be a better use of space and pallets. Leaving the wood hang off the pallet 4-6", leaves about 6" between the rows for a little air movement.
     
    swags likes this.
  16. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    My little garden tractor and plow do the same when the ground is between frozen and not frozen.:headbang: