In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

saw scabbard for 4 wheeler or tractor

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by fuelrod, Nov 25, 2014.

  1. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    Thought some of you might be interested.http://www.labonville.com/Byte-Tyte-Chainsaw-Scabbard--ByteTyte20_p_1155.html
    It's always been a challenge carrying your saw on either. I've never seen any other type of saw scabbard before. I was in their store and noticed it. While I did not closely examine it, it was made out of aluminum. I was too busy buying "bachelor buttons" for my suspenders!o_O
    They have a pretty cool website to find some "not everywhere" items.
     
    Deacon likes this.
  2. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Looks nice I could use one of those!
     
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
  4. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Both links above are pretty sweet!

    swags gave me mine. And I love it.

    20140418_122856.jpg
     
  5. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Good idea
    A flattened piece of aluminum pipe

    Gives me ideas :)

    Might even work with a heavy piece of 2-1/2" schedule 80 or 120 PVC .
    Heat it in the oven, flatten to shape while warm.
     
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  6. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,274
    Likes Received:
    66,602
    Location:
    IN
  7. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    I have another one of those scabbards somewhere. I'm not using it, so I'll see if I can dig it up and put it in the Christmas giveaway.
     
  8. Kg461

    Kg461

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2014
    Messages:
    652
    Likes Received:
    1,023
    Location:
    Provencal, La.
    Very nice
     
    My IS heats my home likes this.
  9. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Dex, I think you need to put a few more tools and attachments on there cause I can still see some body panels! :rofl: :lol:
     
  10. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    I did a lot of work that day ;) lol
     
    clemsonfor and Certified106 like this.
  11. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    You ought to see my tractor when I head out. :whistle:
     
    DexterDay likes this.
  12. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I bought the same scabbard that swags and Dex have. Its on my ATV cause it looks cool. My holder screw knob broke so I super glued it. I now need to put some job weld on it to help hold it better.

    Works great.