In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ferguson Craziness

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Kg461, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kg461

    Kg461

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2014
    Messages:
    652
    Likes Received:
    1,023
    Location:
    Provencal, La.
    Its even bad down here in Louisiana!! The tension is high around here also. I had to add a few accessories to my truck for my commute to work just to be safe!!!:eek::picard: 20141125_104726.jpg
     
    NYCountry, milleo, brokenwing and 6 others like this.
  2. SquareFile

    SquareFile

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2014
    Messages:
    1,838
    Likes Received:
    6,567
    Location:
    somewhere
    A range finder and scoped rifle for a commute to work?:confused:
     
    the GOAT, wildwest and Kg461 like this.
  3. Kg461

    Kg461

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2014
    Messages:
    652
    Likes Received:
    1,023
    Location:
    Provencal, La.
    Actually the rifle and rangefinder was in there from hunting but its still a safer thought having a Remington 11.2 twist 5r with you for long shots
     
    NYCountry and wildwest like this.
  4. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,332
    Location:
    Central PA
    Keep it civil boys......this stuff going on certainly is crazy, but it's also sad. I just don't want to see it turn hateful, racial or political on our boards. We're all better than that....

    We all know what is going on in Ferguson, trust me......we have members on the forums of all races, creeds, colors, sexes and political statuses. Let's remain neutral to the issue here as best we can please....
     
    NYCountry, Stinny, papadave and 6 others like this.
  5. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,332
    Location:
    Central PA
    Also, I'm moving this to the "Everything Else" forum.
     
    jtakeman likes this.
  6. Kg461

    Kg461

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2014
    Messages:
    652
    Likes Received:
    1,023
    Location:
    Provencal, La.
    Your right. We should pray for them and not be like them and hate, destroy,loot, burn and act like animals!! Ive said my peace and your more than welcome to delete the thread if you like but Im not ashamed to stand up for what our forefathers fought for. American Pride and Patriotism! Thats whats wrong right now is they have all the rights and we sit back and say nothing and let them act however they want?
     
  7. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,332
    Location:
    Central PA
    Trust me, most of us feel the same way on the issue. But let's all rise above that here and, like you said, pray for the people of Ferguson as well as our entire country. And I agree on your being able to defend yourself, I feel the same way also. But you know how these posts end up in the long run.......none of us want that anger to transgress on our great site. Most all of us come here to get away from that stuff..

    I hope our leaders can come up with an honest, fair and swift resolution to the problem.
     
    Stinny, thistle, StickBender and 2 others like this.
  8. SquareFile

    SquareFile

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2014
    Messages:
    1,838
    Likes Received:
    6,567
    Location:
    somewhere
    Attention seeking thread, I'm not biting ........well maybe I did
     
    the GOAT likes this.
  9. Kg461

    Kg461

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2014
    Messages:
    652
    Likes Received:
    1,023
    Location:
    Provencal, La.
    Attention seeking for who and what?
     
    StickBender likes this.
  10. SquareFile

    SquareFile

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2014
    Messages:
    1,838
    Likes Received:
    6,567
    Location:
    somewhere
    Looked like a planned photo shoot. You put it out there on a chainsaw/equipment section, I can give my opinion
     
  11. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
  12. Kg461

    Kg461

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2014
    Messages:
    652
    Likes Received:
    1,023
    Location:
    Provencal, La.
    Dont assume! U know what that gets both of us. A discussion and break besides chainsaws may be healthy sometimes and especially on a serious situation. It may be more serious than u realize until they r knockin ur door down to take everything u have?
     
  13. StickBender

    StickBender

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    408
    Likes Received:
    639
    Location:
    Ohio
    I really agree with your second post kg, that is what is wrong we sit back and cower because we don't want the race card thrown in our face. I think showing all you weapons spread out is a bit over the top, but I personally carry (concealed). Personally though I would rather sit back and observe instead of looking like a fool. I worry what this world will be like when my daughter has to go out into it! Sad....
     
    Bluelou, Chvymn99 and Kg461 like this.
  14. SquareFile

    SquareFile

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2014
    Messages:
    1,838
    Likes Received:
    6,567
    Location:
    somewhere
    I'm not assuming anything. I don't go to the chainsaw section for you to tell me that they might be knocking down my door. You must be assuming I'm not prepared. Save it for someone or somewhere else.
     
  15. Kg461

    Kg461

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2014
    Messages:
    652
    Likes Received:
    1,023
    Location:
    Provencal, La.
    It is somewhere else now so please move along
     
  16. StickBender

    StickBender

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    408
    Likes Received:
    639
    Location:
    Ohio
    Maybe it was an accident it was posted there, it is in the right forum now. If you don't agree or like this post don't comment. We are keeping this civil so that we can discuss this.
     
  17. StickBender

    StickBender

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    408
    Likes Received:
    639
    Location:
    Ohio
    Well than play nice or not at all! I'm not gonna take your bait.
     
    Kg461 likes this.
  18. Kg461

    Kg461

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2014
    Messages:
    652
    Likes Received:
    1,023
    Location:
    Provencal, La.
    I agree. I dont have a concealed carry but just carry mine in full view. Its against the law in La. To conceal in vehicle without a permit. I was trained in Law Enforcement at one time and when u need a weapon it will be right now. No time for hunting it or fumbling for it
     
    Chvymn99 likes this.
  19. Kg461

    Kg461

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2014
    Messages:
    652
    Likes Received:
    1,023
    Location:
    Provencal, La.
    Obviously he just wants to argue.
     
  20. Kg461

    Kg461

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2014
    Messages:
    652
    Likes Received:
    1,023
    Location:
    Provencal, La.
    It wasnt a staged picture . That is where I carry them at all times. The rifle , rangefinder, and knife goes back into the safe after hunting season but I feel just as safe carrying them as I do with carrying the Colt 45
     
    Chvymn99 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.