So I've had my St Croix Pepin about nine years. I've had this thing torn completely down for a yearly maintenance many times. So the room fan is getting noisy and it's kinda dusty, too. So I get out my tools and bingo… I can't figure out how to get the darn room fan out of the stove. There's four screws… maybe I used some caulk to seal it to the stove the last time I cleaned it…. dunno. Anyway I vacuumed all the fuzz out of it and sprayed some Tri-Flow lube on the fan motor and all is quiet again. I guess I'll need a pry bar next time...
I just chuck out any screws right away that I find while I'm workin' ... saves time lookin' for em' later...
That's my suggestion. Krooser, kinda like trying to remove an oil pan, but forgetting the little screws up at the front.