If it was easy, everyone would do it Nice dry storage You'll have time to get it filled up, looks like you have lots of good helpers
It is a nice place to store wood. Shaped like an L. Goes down the side of my house and then around the back. Dimensions are 10x28 along the side and 10x12 along the back.
Concrete floor to ceiling is 4'-9". This is why my helpers have a distinct advantage. The nine year old twins are 4'-7" tall. The six year old wee one is somewhere around 4' I guess. I can't remember. CRS I put a little over 9 full cord under there last year. I leave a few inches between stacks for air. If I packed it real tight I could probably squeeze 11 cord under it. Measurements say more like 12 full cord, but there are post here and there that support the whole porch and roof, there is the oil tank, and I usually try to leave 4 or 5 inches at the top of the stacks for air flow. All in all it is a good shelter for the wood.
Bite your......... I mean.... No, we love them and would love to have more. But there is only so much time in the day!!!!!!!!
These guys like to watch me move the wood. But they aren't much help. The life of Riley. Enjoying the sun through the window. Making me........................ sleee Time to get back to work!
Out to number eight now. Almost finished with that row but rain coming in. Put everything away and picked up a bit. A few other things around house done. Never got to that Maple tree with the saw today. .... Oh well, it will be there when I get to it.
Around the corner and out to number 13 now. Wife and kids helped for a while this morning. That makes things go faster. Lunch and now back at it myself.
Thanks Chvymn99! I moved one more trailer load in after lunch and it started raining. Ugh! We have had enough rain here to keep me from getting many things done this fall. And, of course, it always seems to rain on my days off. What is with that anyway? LOFL. I have not been able to do some ditching in some areas of the property either, it is just too wet and muddy. I guess I am going to have to wait until it gets colder and freezes the top three inches good enough to hold the machine up.
Yea, probably will have to wait till it freeze's. But at least you got enough in there to survive for the mean time.
Done. All wood in. My nine year old son and I worked most of the day on it. My wife and tow girls joined us for an hour and a half or two. And all our wood is now under cover. I believe I had a little more than I thought, which is always a good thing. I think we put about 9 cord under the porch, maybe 9.5. And we put another full one on the porch along the railing and 1/3 of a cord out on front porch in a wood rack. So probably almost 11 cord. A good feeling. My son is so tired out he almost fell asleep in the chair sitting here at 8:15. He and his sisters didn't want to go to bed because they can stay up later on Friday and Saturday night. But we made them all go to bed because Dad is tired and does not feel like carrying any of them upstairs! They all would have been sleeping on the chair or couch they were in in fifteen minutes anyway. LOL