Yeah I am whining but here it goes anyways. I have been trying to buy a small piece of property that borders our land for about 5 years. Every time I would approach him about it he would try to charge me double what it was worth and we could never agree on a price. Fast forward to this today and I called about it again only to find out he had passed away 4 months ago and they daughter sold it to my other neighbor for less than I had offered for the last 5 years.......... Ughh that was really depressing news. I really wish that would have worked out better.
I know its hard to understand, but things happen for a reason. We may not understand it @ the time, but eventually it all plays out.
That sucks. Our neighbor got married this year and moved in with her new hubby. When I heard, I remembered the wife and I talking about wanting her place if she sold. Next time I saw her, I mentioned that to her, and we agreed that the wife and I will get the "first right of refusal". I hope she remembers if she sells.
You sound like my wife You are right though, I went out and started stacking wood to deal with my frustrations and that helped some.
Yeah tell me about it......... it seems like every time I try to buy property it usually goes like this though.
Happened to me once too.... Turns out over the years that I never really missed owning it. Hopefully you will feel the same over time.
A wise man once told me, good things come to those who wait. Oh, and the wise man was my Son. Wisdom does not necessarily require age.
Thanks all for the words of wisdom! Started getting my head screwed on straight today and it is time to move on with a better attitude
Certified, we understand. My wife ran a business and when the owner decided to sell he offered it to us. Problem was, we know what it was worth and he was asking about double that. About 30 days later he sold it....to someone else for the amount we had offered. Some days go that way.
If you still really want the land... any chance you'll let the neighbor who bought it know you'd offer him more than what he paid for it? Never know how things might go.