In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Magnum BabyCountrySide Auger Improvement! - Might work on other stoves too?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by don2222, Nov 10, 2014.

  1. don2222

    don2222

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2013
    Messages:
    3,438
    Likes Received:
    4,874
    Location:
    Salem NH
    Hello

    Well there was sawdust all over the bottom of the stove and in the convection blower! #@#$$ !!

    So I yanked the auger and cleaned it and buffed it and sprayed it with Dry Moly.
    Then I replaced what was left of the Delron Bearing with a new one and the Top Auger brass bearing that had green corrosion with a new one and a few drops of light machine oil under the brass bearing.

    Then, I found two set screws in the collar, one under the other. very strange and I did not like it.
    So I got an Englander Auger collar with it's monster Set bolt. The collar was to big for auger but when I tapeped out the collar threads, I found that the Englander Set Bolt fit PERFECT! Nice!

    There was an issue with the auger set screw coming loose when pellets from Home Depot with alot of fines jammed up the auger. Therefore this monster Set Bolt should really help this poor baby!

    So after putting the motor and auger back with the new bearing set, I also upgraded the High Limit switch to a nice 250 limit Selco and a new BC2600 Cast Iron pellet pot, the stove blazed on Heat Level 5 ! ! !
    upload_2014-11-10_21-3-23.png

    See pics - Maybe this bolt will fit collars on many other stoves? ? ?
    Pic 1 - Melted Delron Auger Bearing
    Pic 2 - Fines on bottom of stove
    Pic 3 - Fines in room blower
    Pic 4 - Old collar with set screw next to new collar and big Set Bolt
    Pic 5 - Tapping out old collar with Home Depot Tap & Die set
    Pic 6 & 7 - Old collar with new set bolt. :)
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    wildwest likes this.
  2. don2222

    don2222

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2013
    Messages:
    3,438
    Likes Received:
    4,874
    Location:
    Salem NH
    Two final pics
    See new White Delron Auger Bearing and New Auger Set Bolt!
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    wildwest and DexterDay like this.
  3. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Good work Don!!
     
    wildwest likes this.
  4. badbob

    badbob

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2014
    Messages:
    2,482
    Likes Received:
    9,947
    Location:
    bozeman pass,park county,MT 6500'
    Was going to pick on you(again) but good work,even though I would not have one of those stoves on my property.Good work!
     
    wildwest likes this.
  5. don2222

    don2222

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2013
    Messages:
    3,438
    Likes Received:
    4,874
    Location:
    Salem NH
    Hi Bob

    Thanks

    What does your Integra stove's auger collar have? A set screw or heavy set bolt?
     
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  6. badbob

    badbob

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2014
    Messages:
    2,482
    Likes Received:
    9,947
    Location:
    bozeman pass,park county,MT 6500'
    Do not remember,has been years since I had it out will run downstairs and look.
     
  7. badbob

    badbob

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2014
    Messages:
    2,482
    Likes Received:
    9,947
    Location:
    bozeman pass,park county,MT 6500'
    It has collar like your conversion,but an allen head bolt,which I think I put in years ago because easier to remove than the square head bolts or hex bolts.
     
  8. don2222

    don2222

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2013
    Messages:
    3,438
    Likes Received:
    4,874
    Location:
    Salem NH
    Interesting because, I remove alot of auger motors and I have broken allen wrenches and have had allen set screw to frozen or just stripped. I have never had any problems with the square head bolt with my socket set.
     
  9. badbob

    badbob

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2014
    Messages:
    2,482
    Likes Received:
    9,947
    Location:
    bozeman pass,park county,MT 6500'
    Metric,usually higher quality.Also tap sharply a few times on any realy tight bolt.Also if you do not have MAC or SNAP ON allen wrenches,invest in some,you will love the quality.
     
    DexterDay likes this.