In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Cherry Split Today

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Nov 3, 2013.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I did get most of the cherry stacked, while I was doing that my neighbor called an said he was ready to cover his wood, we did that. After that I took a run back in with the rhino to get some cherry & red maple (it's been back there for a year) so I could add to the stacks.

    Pic 8164 is what I started on, 8165 is the first stack done today, 8166 is what's left, we have some nice rounds that were under the pile of splits, 8167 is back in the woods at a spot I left some cherry, 8168 & 69 is that red maple c&s that I left in the woods from last year and 8170 is the second stack I started.
     

    Attached Files:

    Certified106 and thistle like this.
  2. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Looks like you got a lot done! The stacks look really nice. How big is the cart you use to haul wood. I have a small dump cart that's about 17 cu ft but it sits up higher than I like for the hill I have to work on.
     
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'm not sure on the size, but I will get some measurements for you on Wednesday. Most of our stacks are 16 feet long, it takes about five or six loads in that cart depending on how you fill it.
    I just found these measurements for it.
    Features UV Stabilized. Rugged and impact resistant. Ideal for wet loads. Easy to clean. Low maintenance. Quiet operation. Will float. Black, red, green, yellow, blue, orange available. Compatible with small tongue box. All parts are replaceable unlike metal trailers. The material is coloured - no paint to chip. Plastic can not rust. Construction Heavy steel construction - 100% galvanized. Durable high density polyethylene. Light weight - only 185 LBs. Excellent balance - 68 tongue on a 48 frame. 10 ground clearance. 2 coupler (removable). 22 x 11 x 8 knobby off road tires. Capacity 22 Cubic Feet (Largest on the market) Dimensions - 48 wide x 60 long x 33 high. Rated payload - 1000 LB. / 454 KG.

    Those big fat tires can be a blessing in the winter, unless you get twenty inches of snow in one night.