In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Inconclusive My phone...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by Chvymn99, Nov 2, 2014.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    You using safari?
     
  2. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,482
    Likes Received:
    113,749
    Location:
    KC Metro
  3. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I am on a 5C. Can't duplicate on Chrome or Safari, logged in or not.
     
  4. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,482
    Likes Received:
    113,749
    Location:
    KC Metro
    I'm on the tablet. Not a problem on it.
     
  5. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Yeah, I can't duplicate on iPad or PC either.
     
  6. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,482
    Likes Received:
    113,749
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Ok, through chrome I can. Mmmm.....I just downloaded it...
     
    clemsonfor likes this.
  7. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    At least we have a work around
     
    clemsonfor and Chvymn99 like this.
  8. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,482
    Likes Received:
    113,749
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Thank you for checking out! I appreciate it
     
    clemsonfor likes this.
  9. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    No prob.
     
    Chvymn99 likes this.
  10. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    I have just about given up on Safari. I still use it but curse at it all the while. If I need to upload pics then I'll switch out to Chrome just because it isn't worth the hassle. Funny, I used to like Safari.
     
    Chvymn99 likes this.
  11. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    And FWIW: I'm not having any trouble viewing the forum on Safari at the moment.
     
    clemsonfor and Chvymn99 like this.
  12. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I've said it before and I'll say it again-- right now Chrome is the best Browser for pretty much every device including Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS.
     
    clemsonfor and Chvymn99 like this.
  13. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Adam, you did it again!
    With the latest ISO update, Safari has been a pita when trying to upload pictures. I went to Chrome because of your comments and uploaded on the first attempt. It was taking three with Safari. Thanks
    Larry
     
    Grizzly Adam likes this.
  14. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Yep, I count on you guys tell me about all the errors because I don't come across too many using chrome.
     
    clemsonfor likes this.
  15. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Any way to set it as a default browser for iPad 2? I googled it but only got something called jail brake
     
    clemsonfor likes this.
  16. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    It's all about what app is launching it. I assume its your email apps-- i use the gmail one. Mailbox will also launch chrome by default and supports more email providers.
     
  17. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,482
    Likes Received:
    113,749
    Location:
    KC Metro
    YEA!!!!! I'm unbanned... :rofl: :lol:...from the chainsaw section. CAD lives on....:D...I can get to it now.....weird....:vulture:....I'm off to the races now....:D
     
    clemsonfor and savemoney like this.
  18. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    When I upgraded to Mac OS 10.6
    I had all kinds of site problems,.

    Went to Mac store & download a bunch of upgrades to safari , adobe some other stuff.
    Now it works great.
    Might be you need to get all the upgrades ?
     
  19. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    The Android "browser" I have on my last two phones and my wifes dont like many attachments not hosted on forums. Like if someone posts a pic here that is linked through photo bucket. I can use chrome no problem.

    I dont know how to make chrome the default so I dont have to switch back n fourth when I can't see pics. My email loads through the browser not chrome.
     
  20. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    From a simple Google search...

    "
    Certainly! Go in your Settings, Manage Applications. Click the All tab, and then select Browser. You must then click the Clear Defaults button.

    Now next time that an application requires a browser (say, you click a link in your Twitter app) the Complete action using dialog will pop up and you can select Opera and tick the Use by default for this action box."