In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Small Job, Close to Home

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Grizzly Adam, Oct 25, 2014.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I was over at Mom and Dad's working on the VW when we heard a saw running in the neighbour's yard. The guy running the saw looked like he had his hands full so I went around the fence to see if he needed any help. Well, long story short I have some smaller storm damaged trees to clean up in the next couple weeks and the home owner has an FHC business card. I don't expect him to log in, he really does not like running a saw. Anyway, hoping to get some word of mouth business around town-- if people have wood to get rid of I want it!
     
  2. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Word travels fast around neighbors - do a good job, clean up the mess and more wood should follow.
     
    Shawn Curry and papadave like this.
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    And, so it begins......
    Good neighbor, good guy, gooder results.
     
  4. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I expect to take care of it in two weeks-- once all our wood is in.
     
  5. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Nice Grizzly A........ I expect you'll get some calls.
     
    Shawn Curry likes this.
  6. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Being neighborly pays off !
    Could end up with multiple scores
    :)
     
    Oliver1655, Chvymn99 and Shawn Curry like this.
  7. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    Awesome! Pays to be a good neighbor! :handshake: What kind of trees were they?

    Don't forget to take lots of :ithappened:!
     
  8. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I think ash and maple, didn't take a real close look.
     
    GRIZ and Chvymn99 like this.
  9. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,490
    Likes Received:
    113,797
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Sounds like a good setup...Saws, Business Card, and Firewood....:thumbs:
     
    GRIZ likes this.