Fairbanks is where you need to move to. Already in single digit temps. Notice the "Air Quality Alert" Lots of diesel being burned & old smoke dragons wood stoves cranking. (no wind) forecast
You can keep that crap up north with you for awhile as I'm not ready for that yet! I'm sure you have the BK cranking by now with one split of wood to keep the house a balmy 80 degrees for the next 24 hours
I'm 350 miles south of Fairbanks. BK been running on low for couple weeks. 30s & 40s here. One 3/4 load at night, keeps the furnace in the standby mode. Next week we may get into the single digits. long range forecast : my area
I breath a heck of a lot easier with the cool weather. The parts I don't like are the shorter hours of daylight and the ice.
Sweetness.... Send some of that cooler air on the sound bound train. Ready for some highs in the 30's & lows in the teens.... Ready for a real winter this year
I like the colder weather. Single digits are a little more than I want to deal with. 25 degree overnight and highs in the upper 30's are ideal.
I live in upstate SC. Not all the way to the foothills but in Piedmont. My real winter weather is you Alaskans t shirt weather!!! Last night was 22f and the night before was 26f. Daytime temp today was upper 50s and we hit the 60s in the last week. Stove has been on 24/7for a week!! But I guess were use to the heat??? I have heard Alaskans talk about heat in the 80s like its rough. Heck 80 is cool!! Try working outside when its 102f!!! Also with new baby I want the house at a minimum of upper 60s and usually low 70s . I have a draft old home so I have to let the big cat stove eat to offset the sqft'age and drafttness. Neighbors live in a 150yr old Victorian. They put a stove in this year and been burning most days and nights now going on 3 weeks!!! We had our windows open some days when they had a fire going cause the sun;warmed the house to hot for the misses. Their hose walls must be like their living on a screen porch ?
Depending upon where in Inc its the same climate. Now if ur talking ashville there a bit colder on average