In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

  1. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,320
    Likes Received:
    55,545
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    Youz prolly already gotz yourz on, NO?

    :p
     
    wildwest, imacman, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  2. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,331
    Likes Received:
    39,445
    Location:
    Standish, ME

    It all automagic.

    :p
     
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2026 at 4:29 PM
    wildwest, imacman, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  3. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,331
    Likes Received:
    39,445
    Location:
    Standish, ME
  4. Dpopps

    Dpopps

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2015
    Messages:
    716
    Likes Received:
    3,871
    Location:
    MI
    I got the duravent thimble with OAK. Now I'm looking at venting and Selkirk is cheaper, also Menards carrys it. I wonder if the Selkirk brand will fit good into a duravent thimble?

    I'll probably just get a 3ft section to check. I can always return it.

    Edit: Google AI says Selkirk OD is 1/8 smaller than duravent. That should be ok, maybe? I always caulk around the vent pipe inside and out anyway.
     
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2026 at 12:57 PM
  5. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,331
    Likes Received:
    39,445
    Location:
    Standish, ME
    Would not know I used Icell long ago. They may or may not.
     
    imacman and wildwest like this.
  6. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,320
    Likes Received:
    55,545
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    I would think so. Once sealed I don't see an issue. Even if it was bigger in diameter. You could always trim the ID.
     
    imacman, IHATEPROPANE and wildwest like this.
  7. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,331
    Likes Received:
    39,445
    Location:
    Standish, ME
    Teaching peaches to take on a Kracken.
     
    IHATEPROPANE and jtakeman like this.
  8. Snowy Rivers

    Snowy Rivers

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2015
    Messages:
    2,850
    Likes Received:
    12,494
    Location:
    Newberg, Oregon
    Hi crew
    Been busy here.
    Weather is changing now...A fire through the night last night...
    I checked with the nut plant a week ago and they are running fully now that the harvest is at full swing.
    I am thinking that we will get down to the plant this coming week and get a load of shells.....
    Weather is looking good through all of the coming week.
    Take care