well...ya'll northerners don't think it gets cold in Dixie...... Just a highly efficient stove...... We burned way more than that, buddy
I made bags of kindling at least 5 years ago and still have most of those bags of kindling. It was going to be a bonus for regulars, but I couldn’t remember to throw a bag in the truck. And now I can’t remember which regular I forgot to deliver to.
Ive comped a few regulars with them and forget myself which ones! Most of the time ill include one for a new customer...when I remember!
This post.. Awesome! The attention to detail is really in full display here. I commend you both for taking so much pride in what you do and how you do it.
I'm always a little jealous of the woodshed pictures. Reminds me I gotta get working on a decent one. Someday.
Build it bigger, accessible from both sides (lessens the rotating of inventory) and open on all sides for good air flow. Two or more bays help if you are constantly adding fresh inventory.
I'm thinking about making a door on the back of the big shed, in case we have green wood in front and need some from the back row.
We're in that fall roller coaster of temperatures, with a couple nights below freezing and daytimes in the fifties to back up in the mid-sixties today, so I haven't started using the woodstove yet. Took stock of my...stock, and I have roughly ten cords CSS. 3 1/2 already in the shed leftover from last winter, 5 1/2 in stacks, and around a cord in totes/bins. I'll fill the woodshed up before the snow flies and then start refilling the stacks. Thankfully I'm good to go for a bit longer with a decent pile of red oak to process and more to come soon (made a deal this morning with the logger I've used in the past to drop six more standing dead RO in exchange (plus cash) for my Full Boar splitter). He'll bring his skidder, excavator w/grapple and chipper over, which is a win for me with the health/mobility issues. As long as I can physically process all the logs, I'll be able to stay ahead with plenty of red oak in the stacks (ideally, it would sit out there split for three years but these trees have been dead for at least four years, so 1-2 years in the sun will suffice). It's deceiving how much is in the pile of logs on the ground, and a couple of the RO that will be coming down soon are around two feet in diameter, so plenty of future firewood.
Great idea. When I built my friends leanto shed a few years ago I thought it out well. Only four feet wide but with access from both sides. Wide enough in back for the tractor to mow. High enough to limit any bending when the stack is started. Did the same with my bundle wood shed too. How long does it take to fill one of your sheds?