In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Moving firewood ‘26/‘27

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by The Wood Wolverine, Sep 19, 2026.

  1. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    For me it’s primarily joint issues. 26 years in the printing industry, which required lots of repetitive hand motions, took its toll. Hopefully it doesn’t get a lot worse.
    Temps here are fantastic right now. Wish we could hit the pause button on that. Mid to late next week they’re guessing close to 80 degrees. It really is time to get the saws out and start cutting. :saw: And.. it’s perfect for riding on 2 wheels!! Any progress on the new scooter?
     
    EODMSgt, RCBS, Biddleman and 7 others like this.
  2. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Finished up getting some wood for dad today by noon so I decided to move 2 more loads to my basement. Cleaned up the mess from last time first. Threw it all under a row of pine trees on my property line. Should decay into some good stuff and re-enrich the soil. At least that’s my hopes. 2 big wheel barrows full.
    IMG_9796 Large.jpeg IMG_9797 Large.jpeg
    The not so fun part of white oak..

    IMG_9804 Large.jpeg IMG_9803 Large.jpeg IMG_9802 Large.jpeg
     
    sms4life, metalcuttr, RCBS and 8 others like this.
  3. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,873
    Likes Received:
    215,743
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Great day for it.

    Yeah that wood waste makes great compost. Quite a bit in back of my truck I'll eventually clean out. :emb:
    My PA covered with it and how the worms come out when I'm walking on it. There's a reservoir right down the street where locals can fish. I've thought of selling them.
     
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2026 at 8:57 PM
    EODMSgt, metalcuttr, MikeInMa and 3 others like this.
  4. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,387
    Likes Received:
    31,929
    Location:
    Over here
    I moved a load to a buddy's mom's place last night. Had made some Solo Stove sized splits to try to sell. No takers. Had about half a tote full. Needed to move the tote to gain better access to this years stacks. Northern White.

    upload_2026-10-7_8-58-30.png
     
    sms4life, Stephiedoll, Chud and 7 others like this.
  5. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,873
    Likes Received:
    215,743
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Nice stuff there.

    I have a couple 25lb+ boxes of the same for sale on FBM. Had some dry oak and hickory shorties that I split plus some one inch thick oak pallet boards I cut down.

    One of my smoker customers stated he had used some of the smoker wood in his small pizza oven so I got the idea. No takers yet here either.
     
    Chud, EODMSgt, eatonpcat and 5 others like this.
  6. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Basement fully stuffed. One more trailer load thrown in and it’s all stacked.
    IMG_9817 Large.jpeg
    IMG_9822 Large.jpeg IMG_9823 Large.jpeg
    View attachment 475227
    IMG_9820 Large.jpeg


    IMG_9824 Large.jpeg

    Calling it 3.5 cords.
     
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2026 at 1:35 PM
  7. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    That’s a very clean load of wood. :thumbs: Being I have access to this chestnut oak, I take it but it sure would be nice to get into some less messy wood. I forget what it’s like.
     
  8. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Just got a msg back from Tony (old bike shop boss). Looks like I may be bumping my honey hole thread soon! He’s on vaca till last week of Oct but said I could come after that and get whatever I wanted. He had the bad leaner (that was hanging over his garage) cut last week and kept the wood for me. :dex:
     
    Chud, brenndatomu, EODMSgt and 3 others like this.
  9. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,873
    Likes Received:
    215,743
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    I love getting texts like that. Go get it Jason! :woodsign:
     
    Chud, brenndatomu, EODMSgt and 2 others like this.