Boss told me to enjoy a paid day off today (slow schedule) so what better to do! Weather is perfect. Dad’s friend wanted one of his woods roads widened and marked a couple trees. 4 small shagbark hickory’s and 2 unknown variety hickory. Forgot to take a pic of the leafs but probably bitternut. Had to work around some barbed wire. Didn’t touch any with the saw so all is well there. Pretty uneventful drops. Which is always a good thing. Mike Toath ported 346/350 did the lions share. Love this saw. I did fire up dad’s saw and ran about 1/2 a tank though. It’s a 2245 with a 50cc top end essentially making it a red 450. Could have fit it all in there but dad didn’t want to take his bed cover off, which is very easy to do but I didn’t feel like arguing. When he hit 80 he kinda started getting that grumpy old men attitude. All in all great time running saws w/ pops.
Couldn't ask for a nicer day to cut wood. Ill take any sized shaggy any day. Did you get any of it? Grumpy at 80? Im 58 and already there. but its the good kind of grumpy!
First free wood link I clicked on FBM...first pic is shaggy. 45 minutes from me https://www.facebook.com/share/1PwrFtSARB/
Oh sh|t, that’s worth a sick day!! As much as I wanted to, didn’t keep any. Especially the small stuff, dad appreciates goldilocks wood.
Sweet find Jason. That would please anyone who burns wood. Be easy on dad. He no doubt has gone through some hard times. Thank you for helping him.
I used to work with a fellah that said his family calls him "grumpy"...but he isn't, so I asked how that came to be...turns out one of the youngest grandkids just mispronounced "grampy" as grumpy, and it stuck!
LOL! Her two granddaughters have called me "Papa Bad" since they learned to talk. Now both of them at nearly six can say "Brad", but I prefer "Bad".