In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

  1. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,657
    Likes Received:
    130,757
    Location:
    Vermont
    FHC Story time

    Now most of you know I was a landlord for years. I always used Moen faucets and kept them all the same so I had 2 spares and always knew what I needed..
    so I have a dripping tub faucet; called Moen they sent replacement.. Not the same size called let them know.. sent pictures the very nice customer care woman advised me that model was in use 60s to 1974 they no longer have anything for it:jaw:
    I mean what plumbing cartridge lasts 50 years!!

    My beautiful bride called me a stubborn frugal procrastinator :bug:… I thanked her

    IMG_1511.jpeg

    Ya like my pumpkin orange tub?? IMG_1510.jpeg
    Definitely not the same:headbang:

    I know they are not in style BUT IF IT AINT BROKE
    I only fix stuff that breaks.. that list is long enough

    so in meanwhile switched so leak is on cold side as I am on well that’s cheaper than hot water

    Moen did send me 70% off fixtures coupon

    It’s a Monday

    so a simple cartridge replacement will turn into a remodel :wacky:
     
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2026 at 4:18 PM
  2. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,673
    Likes Received:
    144,742
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    I've been struggling with a new wireless mouse since it arrived (my very old one left clicker gave out lol). Last night it finally just died, wasn't the steel file cabinet surface I'm using as a desk :rofl: :lol: Uh, yes, optical LOL. Duh! It had old batteries when I ordered it :picard: Works well now with fresh batteries.
     
  3. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,673
    Likes Received:
    144,742
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    100%

    And it is downright groovy my man! (ok, you can use pumpkin in the fall). A macrame owl would look awesome on wall, sincerely, not joking.
     
  4. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,297
    Likes Received:
    58,649
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    Boom Chicka Wow Wow...
     
  5. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,673
    Likes Received:
    144,742
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    :eek:

    :whistle:


    :rofl: :lol:
     
  6. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,657
    Likes Received:
    130,757
    Location:
    Vermont
    my wife agrees about owl. Apparently cedar & orange was a thing in the 80s.

    confirmation I was on hold with Moen I had 2 hours to make pictures fit
     
  7. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,749
    Likes Received:
    224,600
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Backwoods Savage and brenndatomu like this.
  8. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,749
    Likes Received:
    224,600
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.


    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:


    [​IMG]
     
  9. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,161
    Likes Received:
    163,565
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    And green shag carpet...:whistle:
     
  10. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,996
    Likes Received:
    312,280
    Location:
    Central MI
    Only thinking this year. This is the first year for me not hunting since...I don't remember not hunting since several years before I got married and that was in 1962.
     
  11. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,749
    Likes Received:
    224,600
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    In reference to the orange colored bathtub.....:yes:

    I still buy license for deer and neck still swells up this time of the year, but it has been awhile since I actually hunted for deer.
     
  12. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,749
    Likes Received:
    224,600
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.