In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good Morning, Brothers & Sisters Thread

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by T.Jeff Veal, Mar 14, 2019.

  1. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,860
    Likes Received:
    114,885
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Good morning, members.

    Cooler temps are returning. 59⁰/72⁰ mostly clear. Bright half-moon shining. A cool front came through late yesterday with a brief downpour.

    After a morning walk, I'll deal with a few yard things. Then, head out for a little grocery shopping.

    Navy-Air Force academies play at noon.

    I'll be making some tomato sauce for tomorrow with spaghetti. I have some leftover porchetta in small pieces, to mix in. I usually use a slow cooker. That way I can put it with sauce, in the fridge overnight. Easy reheat tomorrow, adding meatballs.

    Be safe
    Be healthy
     
  2. Sourwood

    Sourwood

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2018
    Messages:
    2,113
    Likes Received:
    16,496
    Location:
    Popcorn, IN
    Yes, it is cooler MikeInMa , Have a car show and some football. Hoosiers play tonight. Might remove window screens for the winter. Its nice to see clearly .

    Enjoy this weekend, Hoarders.
     
  3. Burnin Since 1991

    Burnin Since 1991

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2025
    Messages:
    413
    Likes Received:
    3,135
    Location:
    Concord River Valley, Massachusetts, USA
    I will echo, much cooler this morning. Lots of good football on today! Heading out for 9 holes walking in a little while. Missed playing the last couple of weeks with the rainy weather.

    Have a great day!
     
  4. Sawdust Man

    Sawdust Man

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2022
    Messages:
    2,919
    Likes Received:
    20,393
    Location:
    65761
    Good morning.

    61/75

    Heading out shortly for an auction and also a gtg with some local-ish sawnuts.

    Have a blessed day everybody.





    Couple 1x12s from yesterday.

    Screenshot_20261003_060114_Gallery.jpg




    Couple rednecks moving some long metal....

    Screenshot_20261003_060052_Gallery.jpg
     
  5. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,731
    Likes Received:
    224,507
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Member usage of the site is way down. :picard:

    The damage may not be reversible. :doh:
     
  6. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,496
    Likes Received:
    113,853
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Good Morning… :coffee: … 49F …. :coffee: …
     
  7. theburtman

    theburtman

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2019
    Messages:
    4,146
    Likes Received:
    31,796
    Location:
    Vermont
    There are very few in depth or lengthy conversations any more.
     
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2026 at 8:11 AM
  8. hovlandhomestead

    hovlandhomestead

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2018
    Messages:
    2,430
    Likes Received:
    19,498
    Location:
    MN
    Good morning. Weather here is now getting more conducive for firewood work. I have been cutting down, noodling, splitting and stacking some big ugly ash sections over the last week. I pulled out two new chopping blocks to replace my old softening ones. Good times!
     
  9. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,524
    Likes Received:
    95,589
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Morning all. Overcast and grey. Possibility of showers later today.

    The local elk herd is causing trouble on the highway. Video was posted about two bull elk fighting in the middle of the road one night. Several sightings in that area.

    Psalm 106
    1 Praise the Lord.

    Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

    2 Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the Lord or fully declare his praise?
    3 Blessed are those who act justly, who always do what is right.

    4 Remember me, Lord, when you show favor to your people, come to my aid when you save them,
    5 that I may enjoy the prosperity of your chosen ones, that I may share in the joy of your nation
    and join your inheritance in giving praise.

    Happy Sabbath everyone.
     
  10. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,543
    Likes Received:
    189,215
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    Git'ter done
     
  11. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,543
    Likes Received:
    189,215
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    I know I hit the like tab more than I should and don't type a reply.
    But I'm glad my friends still reply here. Thanks.
     
  12. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,543
    Likes Received:
    189,215
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    Amen, Praise the LORD
     
  13. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,543
    Likes Received:
    189,215
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    Good afternoon ya'll. Off today, drove a couple hours north to look at a car for my SIL. Friends are picking us up at 4:30 this evening for dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant.
    Share a smile, lend a hand, be encouraging and kind.
    GOD LOVES YOU AND ME
     
  14. metalcuttr

    metalcuttr

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2018
    Messages:
    3,797
    Likes Received:
    27,826
    Location:
    western WA
    Cloudy this AM but soon to clear. The Menehunes have gotten into the utility trailer wiring so I will probably be rolling around on the ground under the trailer chasing them. Joyful thrills....Not!
     
  15. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,860
    Likes Received:
    114,885
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Good morning, members

    Cool start 49⁰/63⁰ bright moon shining.

    We're back to having morning woodstove fires.

    I think I'll be in a woodi g frame of mind this morning, I have wood here-n-there in the yard. Time to get it cut and stacked.

    Football this afternoon. Go Pats!

    Be safe
    Be healthy
     
  16. Burnin Since 1991

    Burnin Since 1991

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2025
    Messages:
    413
    Likes Received:
    3,135
    Location:
    Concord River Valley, Massachusetts, USA
    Good morning FHC. Taking the dog out for a walk later and that's about it for the day, other than some routine around the house stuff. The Pat's are playing at the new stadium in Buffalo today.

    Potential fire pit day.
     
  17. hovlandhomestead

    hovlandhomestead

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2018
    Messages:
    2,430
    Likes Received:
    19,498
    Location:
    MN
    Good morning. We are having a big party at our home to celebrate my brother in laws 70th birthday. I am frying up bluegill fillets and grilling salmon. The Vikings game will be on, but I doubt I will have any time to watch it, other than to run in to watch a replay or two after I hear either the cheers or jeers from the family room.
     
  18. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,731
    Likes Received:
    224,507
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Good Sunday morning FHC!

    [​IMG]
     
  19. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,496
    Likes Received:
    113,853
    Location:
    KC Metro
  20. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,731
    Likes Received:
    224,507
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Coffee and cinnamon toast this morning!