In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

  1. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,671
    Likes Received:
    144,717
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    I dig all the glass on front end!
     
  2. Jeffrey Svoboda

    Jeffrey Svoboda

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    2,850
    Likes Received:
    16,791
    Location:
    Michigan
    Thanks! That'll be the "bedroom".
     
  3. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,671
    Likes Received:
    144,717
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Set of allen wrenches. Metric or Imperial? I'd bet the loose toilet paper holder here hanging upside down is from China.
     
    eatonpcat and brenndatomu like this.
  4. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,671
    Likes Received:
    144,717
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Should I buy Metric or Imperial?
     
  5. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,564
    Likes Received:
    76,421
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    I have a set of each. You never know what you are going to run into. That being said, many times you can find a size from one that will work even if not of the correct type, the fit is just sloppy.

    Are the connectors for the TP holder going into the wall or in the holder? I'm having a hard time visualizing an upside down holder.

    If from China, it may be, and probably is, metric.
     
  6. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,654
    Likes Received:
    130,738
    Location:
    Vermont
    Definitely both; which ever you buy you will need the other one. Which will cause striping of bolt

    and let’s face it WW We are over 50 now
    And striping is hard work! We use more Ben gay then body glitter :cool:
     
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2026 at 5:44 AM
  7. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,158
    Likes Received:
    163,544
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Agreed...buy a whole set
     
  8. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,671
    Likes Received:
    144,717
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    the screw that tightens it to remain sideways is what I need the allen wrenchs for, ours swings down loose facing the floor lol
    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2026 at 12:09 PM
  9. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,158
    Likes Received:
    163,544
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Will it stay in the vertical position? That would solve the ole "over" or "under" argument too...unless someone was passionate about CW vs CCW :rofl: :lol:
     
    bogieb, sms4life, Stephiedoll and 4 others like this.
  10. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,671
    Likes Received:
    144,717
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    LOL, no preferences here :) I bet it would stay verticle if I tightened it that way. It's loose as a goose right now.
     
  11. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,671
    Likes Received:
    144,717
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  12. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,287
    Likes Received:
    66,705
    Location:
    IN
    Made a batch of hot sauce last night and decided it was too thin. Cooked it down some more this AM and got it jarred up.

    Back in the upper 80's today and the mosquitos have returned so outdoor activities will probably be limited tonight. I do need to get the trailer greased and re-torque the lug nuts since I'm hoping to take the tractor out to the property Saturday AM and do some tractor stuff.
     
  13. Burnin Since 1991

    Burnin Since 1991

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2025
    Messages:
    417
    Likes Received:
    3,167
    Location:
    Concord River Valley, Massachusetts, USA
    I must have a hundred allen wrenches. If I need one though I can NEVER find the one I need. :cool:
     
  14. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,654
    Likes Received:
    130,738
    Location:
    Vermont
    The ones I can find easy are in a Swiss army type style (6 of those)
    Well those and the T models that are hung in order

    I got boxes of miscellaneous ones
     
  15. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,671
    Likes Received:
    144,717
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Exactly! After loosing them and replacing them for 30 years I bought a set for with a pink plastic band that stuck aroud for quite awhile before dear husband could put them in a safe place with the rest of our tools LOL. Ah, that set was lost in moving chaos. What I find curious is I never knew they came in inches or metric :whistle: Gotta' wonder about the pink set, metric or SAE?
     
  16. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,671
    Likes Received:
    144,717
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    PS, and Burnin Since 1991 and yooperdave , my husbands hoard of snatched tape measures have disappeared over the last 15 years too. Of all things I have a tape measure in my order with the allen wrenches. :picard:
     
  17. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,654
    Likes Received:
    130,738
    Location:
    Vermont
    I must have a dozen of regular ones Like Fat Max best.. 10 years ago home depot had yellow Stanley’s on sale Black Friday for $8 a piece I bought a dozen wife thought I was :loco: :crazy: Best money I ever spent “they” stopped borrowing my good ones

    another thing you will want size 1.5 flat head screw driver Fits perfectly in outlet cover screws
     
  18. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,671
    Likes Received:
    144,717
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    :thumbs:
     
  19. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,737
    Likes Received:
    224,557
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    Ha!

    While looking for something else just the other day, I "ran across" a little stash of unopened tape measure packages......:whistle:

    Three lifetime guaranteed of them.....just waiting to be put into service. :thumbs:

    It's been years since I had bought them. :picard:
     
  20. Burnin Since 1991

    Burnin Since 1991

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2025
    Messages:
    417
    Likes Received:
    3,167
    Location:
    Concord River Valley, Massachusetts, USA
    I believe with standard allen wrenches that the black ones are US and the silver ones are metric? Or the other way around?

    Good to see I'm not alone. I got so aggravated last week because I couldn't find the tools I needed that I bought 4 of the reversible tip screwdriver nut drivers, 4 tape measures and 4 pairs of wire cutters. I have decided to assemble a couple of small cheap toolboxes that will have plumbing tools, electrical tools and one for just everyday tools. I imagine in about a month it will be impossible to determine which box is which. Thankfully no one else touches my tools and I'm the only one to blame.

    I'm thinking of putting my tools on a subscribe and save plan :coffee: