The road pitch may or may not change, but the drainage inlets they just installed will probably be taking the storm water under the road to the retention pond. I hope the trees make it through all this. It would be a shame to lose them.
I just talked to the foreman. The pitch of the road will remain as is. They'll be back on our side of the road, starting Monday. Just east of the driveway, where a piece of our stone wall is. There's a broken piece of wall, due to hydrostatic pressure, that will be removed. It'll be something I won't need to get fixed. It remains to be seen, how they'll leave it looking.
I'd make it a point to talk to the inspectors about any concerns you might have and what will be happening. They are the ones approving work and payment to the contractors. Best to know before work gets started if something might need to change.
It's getting close and personal now. The worker bees were massing this morning for work east of the driveway. The corner(already cracked) is going away. How it'll be finished off long term - TBD. And there it was.... gone
That’s good as town I grew up house was 25 feet with bank on a corner kid trying to outrun cops enters house between 1st and second floor still in his jeep
There's now a hole where a drainage grate will go. This cable keeps getting pulled up as they scrape along the roadway. Some abandoned communication cable of some sort. It precedes us moving here in '82.
How'd you like to be the guy that had to repair that when some dirt monkey hit it, back when it was still being used?!
I am guessing it was a 100 pair cable. Once you strip some back it is easy as there are only 10 colors to work with. Primary colors are white, red, black, yellow and violet. Secondaries are blue, orange, green, brown, and slate. They make up 25 pair. After that they wrap each 25 pair with a plastic band using the same color code.
Not too much to report on e except they have moved east of us, pushing back the bank and laying drainage pipe. They aren't done with us yet, however. There's more of the Stonewall they'll be dealing with.
Lol Yeah, he's been a regular attendee here. Nothing today. The Coastal storm shut them down, I reckon.
A bunch of pipes showed up this morning. I suspect they will be placed in front of car dealer next door. Too bad that an existing sidewalk will be tore up.