Getting older sucks. If I get to complaining too much about aches and pains, Miss July gives me some tryactin and donbea. (Try actin like a man and don’t be a p&$$?) She’s the best!
Back at it today. Not quite 1 full cord in the second row. Plan to throw a couple more loads in before calling it a day to watch the game @3:30.
Got one trailer load moved and it started sprinkling enough to get me wet. Called it a day. Pretty heavy load.
What do you call a wood hoarder who stacks in the rain? A damp fool Way to gitter done Jason. How are the hands feeling? Was hoping for a good lull in the rain here and maybe head to the woodyard to split the quarter cord I left on the truck. Didn't happen. Thought about cold smoking some nuts on the smoker. Maybe tomorrow.
Hands aren’t too happy. I have my compression gloves and elbow sleeve on. Wife helped me stack that last row so I really appreciated it. Took some Aleve too.
A quick trailer and a half before more rain this morning. I’ll be stacking it with help after a lunch break. I now have this entire section in the basement. Beautiful weekend for splitting Pic from 6/19/22:
Got another trailer and a half in and all stacked, with help. Beat the rain too. That is all but 11’ long. Call it a cord.
It's great to see the wood migration happening. Not great to hear about the maladies of getting older though. I personally have found that working out with a personal trainer at our gym at work had really done great things for me. I figured going into my 50's would be better if I took advantage of the gym at work. I was right. My wood migration will be starting soon. The lake water temp is dropping off but the air temperature is still amazing at least a few more days.
I can always ask old bike shop boss Tony if there’s any dead wood around. He would gladly have me over to cut it up. I haven’t been there in a while so I’m due. I just had so much of it in my stacks I was trying to broaden the selection. White oak sapwood rot makes a tremendous mess.