In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Moving firewood ‘26/‘27

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by The Wood Wolverine, Sep 19, 2026.

  1. metalcuttr

    metalcuttr

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2018
    Messages:
    3,806
    Likes Received:
    27,892
    Location:
    western WA
    :rofl: :lol::D:thumbs:
     
    Chaz, Horkn, eatonpcat and 3 others like this.
  2. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,873
    Likes Received:
    215,743
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Dont new Husqvarnas come with a little tube of it? :D :whistle:
     
    Chaz, Horkn, brenndatomu and 6 others like this.
  3. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,188
    Likes Received:
    163,811
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    No...that's part of the problem! :rofl: :lol:
     
    Chaz, Horkn, metalcuttr and 3 others like this.
  4. Elm-er Fudd

    Elm-er Fudd

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2022
    Messages:
    255
    Likes Received:
    1,592
    Location:
    Kansas
    Getting older sucks. If I get to complaining too much about aches and pains, Miss July gives me some tryactin and donbea. (Try actin like a man and don’t be a p&$$?) She’s the best!
     
    Chaz, Horkn, metalcuttr and 7 others like this.
  5. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Back at it today. Not quite 1 full cord in the second row.
    IMG_9711.jpeg
    IMG_9704 Large.jpeg
    IMG_9708 Large.jpeg
    IMG_9705 Large.jpeg IMG_9707 Large.jpeg IMG_9706 Large.jpeg

    Plan to throw a couple more loads in before calling it a day to watch the game @3:30.
     
    EODMSgt, eatonpcat, sms4life and 9 others like this.
  6. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Got one trailer load moved and it started sprinkling enough to get me wet. :singingintherain: Called it a day.
    IMG_9712 Large.jpeg

    Pretty heavy load.
    IMG_9713 Large.jpeg
     
    EODMSgt, eatonpcat, sms4life and 9 others like this.
  7. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,873
    Likes Received:
    215,743
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    What do you call a wood hoarder who stacks in the rain? A damp fool:doh:

    Way to gitter done Jason. :stacker: How are the hands feeling?

    Was hoping for a good lull in the rain here and maybe head to the woodyard to split the quarter cord I left on the truck. Didn't happen. Thought about cold smoking some nuts on the smoker. Maybe tomorrow.
     
    EODMSgt, eatonpcat, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  8. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Hands aren’t too happy. I have my compression gloves and elbow sleeve on. Wife helped me stack that last row so I really appreciated it. Took some Aleve too.
     
    EODMSgt, eatonpcat, Horkn and 7 others like this.
  9. metalcuttr

    metalcuttr

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2018
    Messages:
    3,806
    Likes Received:
    27,892
    Location:
    western WA
    Are these like real tree nuts...or are we talking RMOs? :eek: Inquiring minds want to know...
     
    EODMSgt, eatonpcat, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  10. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
  11. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,873
    Likes Received:
    215,743
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Walnuts, pecans and cashews.

    Couldnt figure out "RMO"! :emb: :confused:
     
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2026
    EODMSgt, eatonpcat, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  12. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Rocky Mountain Oysters…
     
    EODMSgt, eatonpcat, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  13. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,873
    Likes Received:
    215,743
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    I deep fry those. :chef:

    Tastes like chicken! :drool:
     
    EODMSgt, eatonpcat, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  14. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    A quick trailer and a half before more rain this morning. I’ll be stacking it with help after a lunch break.
    IMG_9719 Large.jpeg IMG_9718 Large.jpeg

    I now have this entire section in the basement.
    Beautiful weekend for splitting


    Pic from 6/19/22:
    upload_2026-9-27_11-11-51.jpeg
     
    EODMSgt, Chud, eatonpcat and 8 others like this.
  15. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,873
    Likes Received:
    215,743
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    EODMSgt, Chud, eatonpcat and 6 others like this.
  16. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Unfortunately no. :(
    :doh:
    I’ve been watching fbmp. Sent a few msgs, nothing has panned out yet.
     
    EODMSgt, Chud, eatonpcat and 6 others like this.
  17. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Got another trailer and a half in and all stacked, with help. :thumbs: Beat the rain too. IMG_9719 Large.jpeg
    IMG_9718 Large.jpeg

    IMG_9720 Large.jpeg
    That is all but 11’ long.
    IMG_9721 Large.jpeg

    Call it a cord.
    IMG_9724.jpeg
     
    EODMSgt, Chud, eatonpcat and 5 others like this.
  18. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,515
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    It's great to see the wood migration happening.

    Not great to hear about the maladies of getting older though. I personally have found that working out with a personal trainer at our gym at work had really done great things for me. I figured going into my 50's would be better if I took advantage of the gym at work. I was right.

    My wood migration will be starting soon. The lake water temp is dropping off but the air temperature is still amazing at least a few more days.
     
    EODMSgt, Chud, eatonpcat and 6 others like this.
  19. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,873
    Likes Received:
    215,743
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Any dead chestnut oaks at your disposal yet or is that the last resort connection?
     
  20. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,890
    Likes Received:
    121,741
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    I can always ask old bike shop boss Tony if there’s any dead wood around. He would gladly have me over to cut it up. I haven’t been there in a while so I’m due. I just had so much of it in my stacks I was trying to broaden the selection. White oak sapwood rot makes a tremendous mess.
     
    EODMSgt, Chud, metalcuttr and 5 others like this.