In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Broken key in lock.

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by Stephiedoll, Sep 5, 2026.

  1. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,093
    Likes Received:
    29,431
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
    Well, this saga is over. Mom found the key under a washer so there never was one stuck in the lock.:thumbs: Hate to think that her 88-YO mind may be slipping some. Thank you everyone for your insite and ideas and fingers crossed, I never have to use the tools purchased to attempt to remove a key.
     
  2. golf66

    golf66

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2014
    Messages:
    439
    Likes Received:
    1,878
    I wuz just gonna say.....I ran into this years ago and managed to get the key out by putting Crazy Glue on an Exacto Knife, pushing the knife in with the glue side touching the key and waiting/praying. It came out. That trick also worked when I managed to jam a SIM card into a cell phone the wrong way.
     
  3. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,539
    Likes Received:
    95,661
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    So glad the problem was solved without a lot of problems. Something we all face is forgetfulness as we get older.