47, no fire. Loaded the dump trailer yesterday with splits for a family member. I figured it was somewhere between 1 and 1.5 cords tossed in. Trailer measures 189 cubic feet.
30 Roofs are white as well as the lawn. It we had any puddles around, they would have a skim of ice on them this morning.
Hard to believe it was in the 90's just a couple days ago. Mid 60's now. Feels incredible compared to the nasty hot humid summer this year. Decided to light the boiler for DHW. I gave it a good cleaning and inspection last week and it is running good...all you can see is a little mirage out of the stack.
Still not cool enough for a fire, but a couple neighbors are having tree companies quote removal. Of course I said I’d keep the wood and chips, it would be irresponsible not to! Also a cousin told me he had 8 or 9 trees cut down and the logs are waiting for me
Upper 40's. So, we're having morning fires to chase off the chill. I let it go out then build a fire to light off the next morning.
Got the basement dried out and water softner going...and discovered another small leak on the washing machine drain. The only way it could leak is if the drain is too slow to evacuate water, so another mystery to solve. I might just throw some drain cleaner at it and see if that doesn't fix it before I go cutting stuff up.
Same here, mid 40's overnight but I do the opposite with the fire. Start a small one in the evening in the insert and keep doors open to enjoy the flames. Then shut doors when go to bed and house is still warm in the morning.
49 here. I wait all year for this weather! Need to clean the stove and the furnace in the next couple weeks so I’m ready.
49 overnight with 62 forecast for tonight. Massive squall blew through this AM with gusts 45+ and branches and debris down everywhere. Lots of power outages mostly to the south of here. Just a few in our specific area. Power has been off and on at our house. Heat pump is running fine keeping the house warm. I will probably bring the first wheel barrow of firewood into the garage today just to have it standing by!