In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Moving the pile

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by BCB, Oct 6, 2014.

  1. BCB

    BCB

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2014
    Messages:
    1,310
    Likes Received:
    6,764
    Location:
    USA
    Moving the splits closer to the house.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. coal reaper

    coal reaper

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,138
    Likes Received:
    2,969
    Location:
    Nj
    lot more to go i hope!
     
    BCB and NYCountry like this.
  3. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    How much do you move closer to the house at a time?

    I'm able to put close to 2.5 cords on my covered porch, this saves me the time
    of running to the stacks once a week, it holds enough wood to get me into January.
     
    NYCountry likes this.
  4. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    • It seems like everyone is shifting into winter gear now. Its finally starting to get chilly here. I should hopefully be done by the weekend with cleaning my stove and pipe. Pics to follow once I start
     
    burndatwood, Gark and Todd 2 like this.
  5. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    My sweep is coming saturday morning and hopefully my double wall flue pipe will be here by wednesday.
    IS is installed and broken in and the porch wood is stacked. I'm in decent shape :)
     
    Gark likes this.
  6. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    What do they charge in your area to do the cleaning
     
  7. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I'm paying $225; they sweep the stove flue in the chimney, he uses a camera in the flue and cleans the flue from stove to chimney thimble.
    Also does a stove inspection.
     
  8. bigbarf48

    bigbarf48

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2014
    Messages:
    2,344
    Likes Received:
    4,702
    Location:
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Looks like a good start to a wood cube :thumbs:
     
    Gark and BCB like this.
  9. BCB

    BCB

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2014
    Messages:
    1,310
    Likes Received:
    6,764
    Location:
    USA
    I hate stacking the ends so I'm doing the 4 corners as end stacks and filling in the rest of the area. I got more done but didnt take a pic.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  10. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Thats why I use skids. Nice pic ( & avatar )
     
    BCB likes this.
  11. BCB

    BCB

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2014
    Messages:
    1,310
    Likes Received:
    6,764
    Location:
    USA
    I have a cord up on the porch right now and the rest is going in the driveway as seen in the pic. Last year I brought a cord up at a time from the backyard but with the amount of snow we got here it turned into a major pain in the azz. The tractor got stuck a few times even with the tire chains. So this year's plan is to just bring everything up at once and stack it in the driveway.

    I'm still sweating having enough for the winter. Hoping I dont have to order any.
     
    My IS heats my home likes this.
  12. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    How much you have ready to burn ?
    or is it all ready ?