In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Work 4 Sunday

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Sep 27, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'll give this a "shot" on Sunday.
     

    Attached Files:

    dylskee, Loon, Shawn Curry and 6 others like this.
  2. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Ouch! Clear a path for 'beat feet' just in case
     
    dylskee, papadave and thewoodlands like this.
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    That's for sure, we'll be throwing some slugs at it from a safe distance, it's just off the main trail so it's cleared.
     
  4. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    All the stuff you are always showing us and you are picking this one. I'm starting to see a pattern here, you just like the challenging ones. Come on, come clean brother. :sherlock::saw:
     
    dylskee, Loon, Shawn Curry and 2 others like this.
  5. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    There he goes again... :rootintootin:
     
  6. bigbarf48

    bigbarf48

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2014
    Messages:
    2,344
    Likes Received:
    4,702
    Location:
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Good luck with that one. Use a throw line to get some tannerite up there, then hit it with the slugs :D:rootintootin:
     
    dylskee, Loon and Shawn Curry like this.
  7. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    What, no throwing axe this time?

    Shoot straight brotha...... have fun!
     
    dylskee, Shawn Curry and Stinny like this.
  8. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Timbeeerrrr
    [​IMG]
     
    dylskee, Loon, Shawn Curry and 5 others like this.
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I would like it to be down when I go back in tomorrow, this is the second summer it's been like this. It has gotten worse since spring, so since the snowmobile trail runs underneath it, it has to come down.

    I won't do it if I see something different from the last time I took pictures.
     
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The branch is still hung up, more slugs needed, I was so pizzed that it didn't come down that I never took a picture.
     
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  11. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    :rofl: :lol: ... there's only one remedy... :rootintootin::rootintootin::rootintootin::rootintootin::rootintootin::rootintootin::rootintootin::rootintootin::rootintootin::rootintootin:

    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    dylskee, Loon, Shawn Curry and 3 others like this.
  12. bigbarf48

    bigbarf48

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2014
    Messages:
    2,344
    Likes Received:
    4,702
    Location:
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Know any goose hunters with a 10 gauge you can borrow :rootintootin::rofl: :lol:
     
  13. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    Zap, how did the color tour go?
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    bigbarf48 and Backwoods Savage like this.
  15. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    Beautiful pictures! I just had not got to that forum yet or I'd have seen it. Was not online yesterday either.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  16. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The roadways were very busy, tons of people out taking pictures in the Adirondacks, Tupper Lake New York was loaded with people.

    They were selling wood for $10.00 a cube in Tupper.
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  17. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    If the weather is good, we'll be taking another run at this.

    Pic 0029 is before and pic 0117 is after, I'll be going across where the white dots are.

    I went after the right side of the tree to much.
     

    Attached Files:

    papadave and HDRock like this.
  18. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Looks like "loads" of fun Woody. I won't post the ingredients of exploding targets here. ;)
     
  19. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Still up but I'm getting there, pic 0136 is before, I did a quick run at it this afternoon.
     

    Attached Files:

  20. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I would think that thing would come down now if you could get a cable on it.
     
    Shawn Curry likes this.