In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

HNI has acquired Vermont Castings

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Lousyweather, Oct 1, 2014.

  1. Lousyweather

    Lousyweather

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2013
    Messages:
    2,798
    Likes Received:
    9,040
  2. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Wow. Vermont Castings makes more than I would have thought in sales. Interesting.
     
    Lousyweather likes this.
  3. Lousyweather

    Lousyweather

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2013
    Messages:
    2,798
    Likes Received:
    9,040
    exactly the first thing I said as well, gas.......I was also surprised!
     
  4. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    I don't think all that is from stoves. They cast parts for other industries IIRC. Probably why Hearth & Home Technologies wants em.
     
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Sales is sales. Dats some bean dip right there. Almost as much as you pellet heads buy in beer every year jtakeman . Well, okay, I'm exaggerating there a little. :D
     
  6. subsailor

    subsailor

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,693
    Likes Received:
    14,973
    Location:
    Winthrop, Maine
    Not by much.
     
  7. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Wowzers!! o_O

    More than I would have imagined as well. But Jay is probably right about them casting other parts though. That makes more sense.