In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Breakfast of not so champions...

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by Pallet Pete, Sep 28, 2014.

  1. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
  2. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I likey bagels. Especially SESAME SEED or EVERYTHING with cream cheese. PLAIN gets the little butter and peanut butter on top. :thumbs:
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  3. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    This one was Cinnamon Raison with Peanut Butter. O and of course my Seattle's best coffee…..
     
    NortheastAl, papadave and Gasifier like this.
  4. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I worked at a hospital during high school and the grill cook would put melted butter on the grill, a bagel cut in half open side down, and a weight on it for a few minutes. Man, those were excellent. A bit flat, slightly crunchy, buttery and topped with grape jelly or cream cheese.
     
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    At a place I use to work we would get a bagel, toast it, and put cream cheese AND grape jelly on top. I still do that sometimes. Boy that's good!
     
    fishingpol likes this.
  6. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Now I'm getting Bagels for the house sometime this week, thanks Pete.
     
    wildwest and Pallet Pete like this.
  7. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Yup!:D
     
    Woodwidow likes this.
  8. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,508
    Likes Received:
    95,504
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    We have English Crumpets every morning with our cereal. Campinspecter likes cinnamon raisin and I have the plain to put my peanut butter and salal jam on.
     
  9. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    Looks good! Hmmmm....
     
    Woodwidow and Pallet Pete like this.
  10. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Bagels now in freezer. Cream cheese and grape jelly in fridge. I have to wait until we eat other stuff up first. :(
     
    Woodwidow and Pallet Pete like this.
  11. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Anyone try the pumpkin bagels?
    They're pretty darn gooder. My wife got some a couple weeks ago, and they didn't last long.
    We got more, and now those are gone too.:hair:
    Time for a shopping trip.:rofl: :lol: Need some more dog food anyway.
    :thumbs:
     
  12. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    You eat dog food!
     
  13. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    :rofl: :lol:Eeeewwwww. Papadave we knew you were a bit different, but dog food?
     
  14. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Wonder if the dog house sign says Dave.:sleeping: :whistle:
     
    NortheastAl and Gasifier like this.
  15. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Yes Pete. But the house is better than we all think. I saw the sign!

    [​IMG]
     
  16. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I'd understand this better if it were a question rather than a declarative statement.:p
    But, no, I don't eat dog food. I have been in the doghouse a few times though.:headbang::rofl: :lol:
     
  17. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    :rofl: :lol: yeaaa me too.
     
    papadave likes this.
  18. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    I bought bagels. I haven't had them in years and I mean years. They were so good toasted this morning. Thanks!
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  19. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Breakfast sandwich on a soft pretzel is pretty darn good too!
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  20. bigbarf48

    bigbarf48

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2014
    Messages:
    2,344
    Likes Received:
    4,702
    Location:
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Told my girlfriend about pumpkin bagels dave, and now we're determined to find some :drool: