I likey bagels. Especially SESAME SEED or EVERYTHING with cream cheese. PLAIN gets the little butter and peanut butter on top.
I worked at a hospital during high school and the grill cook would put melted butter on the grill, a bagel cut in half open side down, and a weight on it for a few minutes. Man, those were excellent. A bit flat, slightly crunchy, buttery and topped with grape jelly or cream cheese.
At a place I use to work we would get a bagel, toast it, and put cream cheese AND grape jelly on top. I still do that sometimes. Boy that's good!
We have English Crumpets every morning with our cereal. Campinspecter likes cinnamon raisin and I have the plain to put my peanut butter and salal jam on.
Bagels now in freezer. Cream cheese and grape jelly in fridge. I have to wait until we eat other stuff up first.
Anyone try the pumpkin bagels? They're pretty darn gooder. My wife got some a couple weeks ago, and they didn't last long. We got more, and now those are gone too. Time for a shopping trip. Need some more dog food anyway.
I'd understand this better if it were a question rather than a declarative statement. But, no, I don't eat dog food. I have been in the doghouse a few times though.
I bought bagels. I haven't had them in years and I mean years. They were so good toasted this morning. Thanks!