In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I'm done. I've thrown out my wood stove.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by billb3, Aug 8, 2024 at 1:41 PM.

1. billb3

billb3

Ha-ha.
    Now I have to replace it.
    My nephew (niece's husband) is mostly out of work looking for something to do. So I have him cleaning out a garage. He has been scrapping. $1200 worth of scrap copper wire so far. He found my stashes of bronze and I let him take those, too. Looking for steel to fill his Durango for another run to the scrap yard we yanked my 50 year old wood stove out of the house. The door latch was broke and I've been leaning a piece of bar steel against the door for the last year (or so) . One of the two feet that hold the stove to chimney adapter was broke so wasn'ta tight seal any more. All the fire bricks were like new. I started pulling them out because the hoarder in me does that sort of thing (hey they're still good ) but he wanted them in for weight. I got three . LOL. He wants one for under his crucible.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2024 at 4:38 PM
  2. Ronaldo

Ronaldo

Oh boy, stove shopping. I like the whole process except for the paying.

3. billb3

billb3

I've been "looking" the last couple of years as that stove was rather small at 0.6 cu ft. Pretty much narrowed down to Drolet Deco Nano or Woodstock's Survival. There are a lot of nice small stoves out there to pick from tho'.