In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Husqvarna 592xp

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by creek chub, Jul 30, 2024.

1. creek chub

creek chub

Good afternoon

I found a one year old 592xp for sale for $800. Does this seem like a fair price? From the pictures it looks like it’s in great shape.

thanks

2. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

It sounds like a fair price if it checks out ok. Can you look it over and maybe run it before you commit.
    I bought one new on a Black Friday deal last year and the coil gave up on the second tank of fuel. Still haven’t got it back from the shop:mad:so I can’t give you much for a review. But the first tank and a half was a lot of fun.:banana:

3. creek chub

creek chub

The saw is about a hour away. I’ll definitely run it before I make a buying decision

4. Barcroftb

Barcroftb

I’d meet the seller at a dealership and have them plug the thing into their computer to see all the stats on it. They should be able to tell you things like runtime, # of successful starts, lean failures, etc…

5. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

Wonder what that would cost.

6. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

I'm sure if I was the seller and a buyer asked me to meet him at a dealership to have the saw plugged in I would tell him to kick rocks...it a frigging chainsaw not a Cat D11

7. Colonel428

Colonel428

Lol. I had a 572xp hooked up at my dealer in NC and it was $50. As a seller I'd absolutely expect you to pay to have it hooked up. Cheapest form of insurance is to ask the seller to remove the muffler and take pictures of the piston or you bring a T-27 torx head screwdriver with you and take it off yourself. I've got a ported 592xp and it's been a great saw for me for the couple of years I've had it. Smooth power, handles like the 572xp really. The autotune has been flawless. The only negative thing I've heard about it that some think it does has enough bottom end mass to be durable. It's a concern for me but I'd like to think using good oil and always running a sharp chain will help prolong the engine life. Only complaint I've really had about the saw is that I wish it had been ported by huskihl on here.

8. Barcroftb

Barcroftb

Last used saw I drove to look at the seller pitched a fit when I wanted to remove the muffler to peek at the piston. Most folks with online sales want to meet at a neutral site now anyway. If I was going to drive an hour to buy a used saw and you couldn’t go to the trouble of meeting me at a dealer I’d tell you to go kick rocks. Just sayin.

9. Barcroftb

Barcroftb

Depends on the dealer. My main Stihl dealer here will do it free if I bought the saw there, but I do a fair amount of business in there. It’s really not that big a deal.

10. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

Tell that to the guy getting paid by the job.

T.Jeff Veal, Screwloose and eatonpcat like this.
  11. Barcroftb

Barcroftb

I get paid by the job and it’s dirty back breaking labor on top of that.

12. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Looks like a normal price for my area.
    IMG_0743.png IMG_0744.png IMG_0745.png

13. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

Not to get in an argument or push the subject but I'll bet you don't find joy most times doing stuff for free then.

T.Jeff Veal and Screwloose like this.
  14. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Brad is a great guy, I am sure has donated his expertise many times for no fee.

15. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

I'm not trying to say he hasn't. I was asking if he has a smile on his face and good thoughts in his head EVERY time someone asks for free work......

T.Jeff Veal and eatonpcat like this.
  16. RCBS

RCBS

I guess this is why I probaly don't really entertain buying used saws much.

Take a wrench and a comp tester? If there is objection to cylinder inspection, plug in the comp and see what it makes. If I were given opportunity to run the saw I'd want to be in some wood and to do a heat soak cycle. (IIRC some of these in the early serials had hot start issues?)

17. Barcroftb

Barcroftb

Look Jeff I have, as eatonpcat said, donated my time and expertise for free many times, and with a smile on my face. Several here can and will attest to that fact. I work hard every day and yes usually enjoy it. Here’s my office today: IMG_4487.jpeg

I’m not going to debate you about how bad your life is. If you are in a situation where you are giving away your time for free and aren’t happy about it, the only person who can change that is you! Don’t be a victim or have a victim mentality. It’s a slow road to the bottom. Peace!

18. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

This isn't about my life. I get paid for my time. To think that someone should just do something for you outta the goodness of their heart..... well..... that's not been my experience.

So sry i stood up for the mechanic and dealership. I'll just go back under my rock.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2024
    T.Jeff Veal and eatonpcat like this.
  19. Barcroftb

Barcroftb

Dude just because my dealer will check a saw for “free” for me doesn’t mean the mechanic isn’t getting paid. If that’s the point you’re even trying to make:picard:

20. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

This.... could've left that outta your comment and i wouldn't have thought twice about it.

It shows your expectations not your gratitude....

T.Jeff Veal likes this.