In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Sales still above last year

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by EODDiver, Feb 25, 2023.

1. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Thanks for the kind words. :handshake:

2. Moparguy

Moparguy

The coolest Colorado plate is OA-5599 on a white '70 Challenger. :cool:

Ron T, John D, wildwest and 2 others like this.
  3. EODDiver

EODDiver

Totally agree. The plates are $14 on Amazon. The Challenger, who knows the price?

4. yooperdave

yooperdave

EODDiver ......... One man on a mission to disprove that HVBW is a myth!

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

5. EODDiver

EODDiver

IMG_0854.jpeg IMG_0869.jpeg IMG_0853.jpeg June is my slowest month delivering firewood, but one of my best building inventory. Think I have close to 100k in stock. Have another 1,700 feet or so to line my road if I can beat the heat. Going about 7’ on my stacks lately and haven’t had a collapse in over a year.

6. EODDiver

EODDiver

Added another face cord of hickory rescue wood to the short pile today. Four plus cords which I sell at full price.
    IMG_0873.jpeg

7. EODDiver

EODDiver

Have four face cords total going out of the wood yard tomorrow and Wednesday. Probably bag 4k this month which is by far my slowest month. Was feeling pretty good about my inventory until my phone started blowing up today. Concentrating on building up my bark-less hickory supply.

Moparguy, WinonaRail and John D like this.
  8. EODDiver

EODDiver

Delivered a generous face cord of hickory to a customer today and he is a scrounger. All his big rounds are 18-24" of maple. He has no means of spitting these down so I recommend we lay down the rounds and stack the hickory on top. I try to manage customers storing without getting into their face.
    IMG_0875.jpeg

9. EODDiver

EODDiver

In the past I use to cut, split and stack customers wood. That day is no longer available. Number 99 facecord of the year delivered today. My sales go ballistic in late August.

Moparguy, John D and WinonaRail like this.
  10. EODDiver

EODDiver

This is my sole firewood employee. She helps me unload, split, wheelbarrow, stack and load for deliveries. The picture is a 22” hickory that yielded two cords. Uprooted into an 8’ deep creek. Yes, you can cut trees slightly underwater.
    IMG_0964.jpeg

Moparguy, Woodwidow, John D and 2 others like this.
  11. EODDiver

EODDiver

Have sold six face cords the first three days of July. Now I know what "Christmas in July" means. Most of my cord deliveries occur in July and August. Serious burners want to stock up for the Winter and also know their firewood is well seasoned. Not fun wheelbarrowing and stacking when the heat index is in the low hundreds.

IMG_0893.jpeg IMG_0896.jpeg IMG_0900.jpeg

12. EODDiver

EODDiver

Two more face cords going out of the wood yard tomorrow. One hickory and one red oak. Rare that a customer asks for red oak, the majority want white oak. Nasty thunder storm hit two minutes before I parked my loaded truck in the garage and tarped the face cord loaded in the trailer. On track for a 10k July. How crazy is that?

Moparguy, WinonaRail and John D like this.
  13. yooperdave

yooperdave

14. EODDiver

EODDiver

Weird call today. A major firewood supplier to Nashville restaurants called me today asking if I would like to have some cherry, hickory and white oak to cut on his property that he had pushed down to make room for a second firewood storage building. Was :30 away so dropped by to check it out. All awesome stuff I can back my truck right up to. He purchases all of his firewood from the same logger that I do and has a few employees that re-split it to size. He is twenty-five years younger than me and is a hard working dude, so will start clearing his property Wednesday. I sell my firewood for $90 more a Rick than he does for a few reasons.

15. EODDiver

EODDiver

My load of cherry and hickory I cut today from the Nashville firewood selling whale's property. He is a busy guy, either delivering firewood or hauling stuff in his dump trailer. I probably have 50X more inventory than him, but he moves it quick. He splits it smaller in diameter which helps it dry faster.
    IMG_0905.jpeg IMG_0906.jpeg

16. EODDiver

EODDiver

Three Hispanic dudes put this second shelter up in four hours. I was amazed how skilled and risky they were in erecting this shelter. They seemed to be impressed with this older white dude cutting and lifting heavy rounds into his truck. After they cleared their materials away and moved their trailer, I was able to back my truck up to the remaining rounds. All three of them then came over and helped me load the remaining 125lb plus hickory rounds. Then one dude gave me an ice cold soft drink. What! They made my day.
    IMG_0907.jpeg

Woodwidow, Moparguy and WinonaRail like this.
  17. EODDiver

EODDiver

The Nashville whale didn’t waste any time filling up the new shelter. One is for hickory and the other for white oak. Going back tomorrow for a white oak he cleared for the new shelter.

18. EODDiver

EODDiver

19. EODDiver

EODDiver

My customer today had six bundles and two boxes of logs in his driveway I believe he ordered from Walmart. Check out the prices of of these two items. Mind blowing. IMG_0911.jpeg IMG_0912.jpeg IMG_0910.jpeg

20. Haftacut

Haftacut

That is a Wierd call. Makes one wonder how he got your contact. Nice to have the wood

T.Jeff Veal, Moparguy and MikeInMa like this.