In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Singing In The Neigborhood

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Backwoods Savage, Sep 21, 2014.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    This past week I am amazed as I go outdoors. I've been spending quite a bit of time shooting arrows to get ready for season. And I have music every time.

    Seems with the cooler air we're having I'm hearing chain saws running in every direction. Yesterday I saw someone coming out of a neighbor's woods. One tractor, two trucks and three trailers all loaded to the hilt. Gotta get ready now. Burning starts very soon for some of them. However, that wood will be fine. After all, the woods was timbered off 2 summers ago so all those tops are prime now.... Yes. All red oak.
     
    NortheastAl, Loon, papadave and 7 others like this.
  2. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Cool weather brings out all the scroungers. It doesn't matter to me what the weather is when I see free wood.
     
  3. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I've been hearing a saw around here too late in the day, like maybe after someone gets home from work, one night it was dark I heard it running
    There is not that much woods around here
     
  4. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX

    It all burns for sure.
     
    NYCountry and Shawn Curry like this.
  5. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    Been hearing a lot of saws running around here too. Mostly just breaking down what they have I think. They all just started splitting what they're gonna burn this year.

    I've been the guy coming out of the woods with trailer loads... :D But I've been at it since the snow melted.
     
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'm hearing more chainsaws too, more people taking target practice with guns too.
     
  7. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,378
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Not all the singing going on is from the chain saws, though. The geese are making their way south.