In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fall Photos

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by Smokinpiney, Nov 1, 2013.

  1. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Here's a few i took today after work. They're alittle grainy after saving them at a much smaller size.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    Woodwidow, BrianK, rottiman and 9 others like this.
  2. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Very nice, Looks that way here too.
     
  3. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Here, the color is all gone. image.jpg
     
    Woodwidow, Daryl and thewoodlands like this.
  4. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Very sweet pics
     
  5. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    That's one way to not have to rake leaves.
     
    cmag and swags like this.
  6. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    The wind rearranges the leaves all the time. Raking here is mostly a fool's game. The only real way to have no rake leaves is to get a snow fall covering them all. In the spring when they have been compacted down is the only time I can count on them not moving around. That is when I do most of my leaf removal.
     
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    By the looks of it, you had some strong winds!:rofl: :lol:
     
  8. Oldhippie

    Oldhippie

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    2,296
    Likes Received:
    6,531
    Location:
    Ashby Ma
    Here's a couple from a few weeks back, first couple and yesterday (last one)

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Man's gotta' eat.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  9. Oldhippie

    Oldhippie

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    2,296
    Likes Received:
    6,531
    Location:
    Ashby Ma
    Grain isn't always a bad thing. Nice pics!
     
  10. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    One from last year. The sugar maple over the outdoor oven.

    IMG_1567.JPG


    Even though most of the leaves are down, I like to look at the winterberries that are still on the bushes. Up here in the northeast the bushes are usually in lowlands by swamps and along highways. They have bright red berries that are a sharp contrast to the now, brown landscape.
     
    Oldhippie likes this.
  11. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Man, that Valk is a beautiful bike! Between that pie and the Valk you're a very lucky fella....LOL
     
  12. Oldhippie

    Oldhippie

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    2,296
    Likes Received:
    6,531
    Location:
    Ashby Ma
    Thanks Buddy, I totally agree and of course I treat it with the respect it deserves. That pic was taken on the morning I rode up to Epsom circle to meet an old friend who lives in Cornish Me. and rode down to meet me half-way. I have riding friends all over New England, Upstate NY and a lot of the US for that matter and it's always great getting together over pie and coffee and then doing a few miles.

    I know I am a very lucky guy and I thank my higher power regularly for all the gifts.
     
  13. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Here's one from Benezette, Elk county Pa
    didn't know I got this pic till i got home
    IMG_0787.jpg
     

    Attached Files:

    savemoney likes this.
  14. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Chimney Rocks
    Hollidaysburg, Pa

    IMG_0173.jpg
     
    savemoney likes this.
  15. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
     
  16. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    I didn't take this, but it is typical of the winterberry that grows wild all around here. There is a lot of it on the adjacent power line. I would show a picture of that, but it don't dare go near it until hunting pseason is over. I used to feel comfortable going there on Sundays (no hunting on Sunday in Maine) but every Sunday I am hearing gunfire so I'll pass for now. image.jpg
     
    Woodwidow and Oldhippie like this.