I brought out a load of hickory and a load of oak today. Quit early because my arm/shoulder is bothering me. Most of this is just quartered rounds. Hickory and oak rounds were 28 inchers.....
Come to think of it yes...... the only time I used my right hand for drinking was holding the other end of the beer bong many years ago. We were riding roller coasters until very late last night, my son can't keep up with me and wood, but I can't keep up with his crazy azz rides. No wonder my shoulder hurts. Also, no football, my net/cable is down. I would have liked to bring out more loads. Didn't even put the equipment away..... but I think I'm done.
@thewoodlands I decided to bring out another 144 splits (2 more loads) This is one of 3 piles in that area. I will then go back a little further where there is 6 more piles and rounds I missed splitting. I currently have approx 12 cords, and would like another 3 done by winter. We'll see....
I'm only 3 years ahead, working on 4. It's hard to get above that number because I've included this year's wood and that will be gone soon enough. I've pulled the last loads for the day. Arm/shoulder doing ok.
Nice WS. I almost commented on the size of the splits, then I finished reading the post. Don't overdo the work when that shoulder is bothering you, or you'll be out of commision. Cool pics too.
Ny- it's hanging in there. I beat the crap outta that thing. A tub like TWL is on the list when $ allows Dave- After a hot shower, I'm gooder. Relaxing until bedtime today!
Wow! That hickory is great stuff too... I got about 150 splits or so this weekend... It was some work, so I can relate. It didn't look like much when I stacked it, but every bit adds up.., I really like hickory though.....