In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Getting Ready.......

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Certified106, Sep 18, 2014.

  1. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Well the way this weather has been headed I decided I better get after it in case it takes a really cold swing. Replaced the door gasket this evening on the T6. I'm not sure how I feel about it as I know it's the right diameter 5/16 graphite coated but it just doesn't seem as thick as I expected it to be. Time will tell

    Cleaned up and ready to install the new gasket

    IMG_20140918_180813[1].jpg IMG_20140918_180822[1].jpg IMG_20140918_180830[1].jpg

    New one installed

    IMG_20140918_182434[1].jpg IMG_20140918_182447[1].jpg IMG_20140918_182442[1].jpg
     
    gmule, Backwoods Savage and papadave like this.
  2. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Also cleaned the leaves out of the gutters and checked the chimney from the top while I was up there and the bottom while I was working on the stove. I should probably run a brush through it since it has been almost two years but here is what it looks like and it is clean from the top to the bottom with just a tiny tiny bit of fluffy stuff on it.

    IMG_20140918_182951[1].jpg
     
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    That's gotta' be the cleanest gasket channel I've seen.
    Pipe looks good too.
    It's gooder you're gettin' ready....it's gonna' get chiiiiilly.
     
  4. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    I can't believe how clean your pipe is! :yes:
     
    Certified106 likes this.
  5. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    I used a dremel with a wire wheel after using a screwdriver to chip the majority of it out.

    I'm also second guessing myself on whether or not I put enough cement in there and wondering if that's why the door didn't seem to shut as tight as I thought it would....... I will test it a bit better once it sets up...... Time will tell
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  6. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    4 year old firewood :thumbs:
    I probably have between 8-10 cords through that chimney.
     
  7. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    For sure that 4 year old stuff burns super clean. Chimney looks good.
     
    Certified106 and papadave like this.
  8. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Coming from you that makes me feel ecstatic since you are my firewood idol!
    It is because I learned from the best :thumbs:
     
  9. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Gasket looks good- chimney looks amazing! Good for you!
     
    Certified106 and papadave like this.