In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wanted! Timberline

Discussion in 'FHC Classifieds' started by Erik B, Dec 29, 2023.

  1. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,654
    Likes Received:
    39,103
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    If anyone has a timberline chain sharpener, I would be interested in buying it.
     
  2. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,862
    Likes Received:
    121,481
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Well, since I bought a square grinder, mine never gets used anymore. If no one chimes in, I’ll get you some pics of all the cutters I have for it.
     
  3. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,654
    Likes Received:
    39,103
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    I only have two types of chain, a low profile for the 192t and Stihl 13/64 size cutters on my 362.
     
    PA Dan, T.Jeff Veal and Screwloose like this.
  4. Eggshooterist

    Eggshooterist

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2021
    Messages:
    7,020
    Likes Received:
    38,122
    Location:
    Erff
    I had one briefly. They make a sharp chain.
     
  5. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,862
    Likes Received:
    121,481
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    So 2 of the cutters have a little chipping. I loaned this to bil, he must have rotated ccw when he shouldn’t have or took too large of a “bite”.
    A9AFEE59-9345-4C33-AFF8-C038CB8A29CE.jpeg 0E4FF3BC-032B-4B43-A17D-C6A68D87C960.jpeg 0FFA2411-C1E4-48DB-9EF0-21D73C0F7984.jpeg 5F0B745B-10EA-4EC6-B26B-2F39E23A04DA.jpeg F7383464-2F44-4887-9317-16F56CA55E94.jpeg 45F9495A-456B-4336-A3B9-C9721149FD41.jpeg

    They will still work, just not new condition. 13/64, 7/32, 5/32 & 3/16. Seems the little allen key to tighten them in the spinner handle is missing too. I should have a replacement and will check asap. There are the offset guides for different top plate angels too Allows for 25&35 aside from the normal 30 degree. Also should have the original forwarding paws somewhere. Those are the upgraded replacements.
     
    T.Jeff Veal and eatonpcat like this.
  6. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,862
    Likes Received:
    121,481
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Note to add, I have no idea if this will work with Lo-pro. I don’t own any.
     
    T.Jeff Veal, Erik B and eatonpcat like this.
  7. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,654
    Likes Received:
    39,103
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    According to their website, this should work with a lo-pro 3/8 chain that I have on my 192T.
     
    T.Jeff Veal and eatonpcat like this.
  8. Eggshooterist

    Eggshooterist

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2021
    Messages:
    7,020
    Likes Received:
    38,122
    Location:
    Erff
    It worked on mine. Thats what the 5/32 cutter is for if I recall. Sized the same as files.
     
    eatonpcat, Erik B and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  9. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,654
    Likes Received:
    39,103
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin