In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

White Pine

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Sep 15, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This has been bucked up since early summer, this will be split before the end of the second week of October, hopefully stacked by the third week.
     

    Attached Files:

    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Good looking tree. Were you milling too?
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  3. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    That will be some nice shoulder season wood. His dry do you think that is after laying there bucked all Summer?
     
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    No, the main part still standing is what I want, I've gotta get this cleaned up first. I won't drop it until sometime next year.

    Straight back from this Pine is some nice firewood downed from the ice storm last winter, most likely work for the spring of 2015.

    The wood is a mix of Cherry & Maples.
     
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'm not sure but will take a reading on some splits when I start this job, I'll burn this in the shoulder season of 2015.
     
    My IS heats my home likes this.
  6. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Looking forward to seeing what kind of readings you get.

    I was just curious as I had some buckeye bucked up all summer and the rounds were stacked up and when I split them this fall the only ones that weren't dry were the rounds that were sitting on the bottom touching the ground.
     
  7. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Is the white pine dead standing and what's in the pic is the top? If it's been there awhile it might be fairly dry already
     
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I think the tree is still good, the trunk went up then forked out, this is one of the limbs. I think this happened in the summer of 2013, I already had two years worth of shoulder season stacked so I left this.

    If I can get this area cleaned up it will open up another trail for the Rhino and the sleds. It was always open but the storms did some big damage to the trees in this area, I actually did some milling back here two years ago.
     
    My IS heats my home and papadave like this.