feels like Sugar Maple. This was down across the trail I'm clearing, pics 0005 & 0006 are what's left on the edge of the trail and picture 0007 is up the trail. It's all back home ready to split.
Looks close to birch to me ? But maple starts getting dark/punky , like in the pics, in the middle too.
Looks good Woody! How do you go about making a new trail? Clearing and riding on it a lot? That's all I do. Nice there's still wood coming out!
It's actually an old trail that I never bothered with since we bought the property, seven years later it's getting done. Once we start running it, it should make a nice trail, it will also give me access to more firewood. This trail will give us a second entry point to the higher ground in this area.
I think the house is just under 1000 ft., I'm not sure what the highest hills are, I'll get some readings for this weekend.
Doesn't she understand the importance of pics on here? Well, at least the pics haven't stopped......whew!