Do i have to use black pipe from the stove to the wall thimble or is the galvalume stuff ok for interior use? The guy i bought the stove from had it vented with all galv. I know that's a no no for wood stove pipe but im still new to the pellet world
Not a stupid question IMHO. And it deserves a good answer!! Because pellet vent doesn't see as much heat as a wood stove does(less than 500ยบ). You can use the galvanized vent indoors. Black venting is usually a few dollars more than the galvanized so going with it can save a few bucks. Most prefer the black as it blends in better with the stove, But the galvanized is easily painted and can also be matched to the stove or interior color if you'd prefer. All you need to do is pickle the venting and paint(with high heat stove paint) the color of your choice.
Thanks jt, I thought that was the case but figured I'd check with the experts here first. I'm not worried about the color since the pipe will be mainly behind the stove.
I was originally quoted galvanized from a dealer. I ended up buying the black, but we did paint the woodstove and pipe in our previous house 3 times. Black, beige, and black again.
Just waitin on some gaskets then i can put the stove back together and let er rip in the yard for a test run