We went to the pulling track Saturday afternoon. This event is the last of the year and the biggest. 2 days of some awesome tractors and trucks. A few gallons of diesel were burned...... We heard that Friday night pulling did stop till 3AM... We left Saturday about 10PM or so. We saw the tractors and some of the trucks. We missed the semi's... Prepping the track. First time seeing this track crew. They did a great job. I liked the signs on the tractors A few vendor trucks... The tractors were catching some air... This guy had the best bumper of the night... Winner of 1 class... Got a few videos of the next class...
I'm always waiting for the V-8 Macks when I go to a pull. My favorite diesel sound outside of a Detroit.
Used to go to these when a much younger lad at the County Fair every year. Back then the sleds were “loaded” by men who would get on at predetermined posts in the ground along the track. It was also mostly real farm tractors but a few with big block V8’s. Good times. The last one I went to was in Asheville,NC and it was a good time too, but DW wasn’t too keen on staying all that long plus it was getting late. Thanks for the great pictures!!
During the summer pulls with the antique tractors, there is an Oliver that shows up, running a Detroit...