In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Possible Little Score

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Grizzly Adam, Oct 31, 2013.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    My brother and I have been trying to figure out who owns this little stash, but the trail had gone cold until today when I spoke to some farmers working near the site. Made a phone call, waiting to hear back.

    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Thee are about 30 piles like these about 8 miles from our houses. My brother is 6'3" for those of you who like to go by scale.
     
  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Good luck, thats a ton of wood!
     
  3. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    To hear the farmers talk, sounds like it is all to be burned. I would just like to do it in smaller batches...
     
  4. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Why do you have snow?
    Dat ain't right.
    Lots ' o wood. Hope you get to cut some and burn those little batches.
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  5. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    That's from we found it in the spring, been working on this case for a while. We had snow pretty much through Memorial Day.
     
  6. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    It belongs to me! 300.00 sent by PayPal and it could be yours!:)

    Gary
     
    clemsonfor and Backwoods Savage like this.
  7. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Ha. I may be drugged but I am not that drugged.
     
  8. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Looks like a dead end. The guy just called me back and he owns the land just to the south. Gave me the number for a guy who he thought owned it, but it's been sold since and no one seems to know who it belong to.
     
  9. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    Ask the taxman or get your town/county listing. It is public information.
     
    clemsonfor likes this.
  10. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    do you have an online county Auditor? if so you can go on there and look up a map that will give you a parcel number to the lot as well as the owners name and mailing address. you can use that to find that person online for a number or in the phone book. I use that a lot to find the owners of land I want to hunt
     
  11. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    No, they aren't online. I have talked to them on the phone but they can't read a map or something because they have no idea where I mean when I give them exact street names and intersections. Oh vey! I am just going to have to go down there one of these days.
     
  12. Woody Stover

    Woody Stover

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,261
    Likes Received:
    3,046
    Location:
    Southern IN
    The county assessor's website here has an interactive map; You hover over a property and the address and owner's name pops up. Comes in pretty handy. :axe:
     
  13. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    Did you try some of the real estate websites? I don't have any specific links but I know that I have seen property tax and last sales info for my town on line.
     
  14. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    For sure I'd try to find the owners and would bet it would be yours for the taking.
     
    thistle and Grizzly Adam like this.
  15. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Yea go to tax office they will give you the name if y'all aren't online. Then you can send a letter with the address they give you or look the name up on net for a phone. I do it for work all the time.

    But yes those deffinitly look like burn piles. :(
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  16. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    It all adds up,whether 2 wheelbarrow loads or 2 cords...
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.