In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Kinlin in the shade day

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Chud, Aug 12, 2023.

  1. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,248
    Likes Received:
    53,992
    Location:
    NC
    Packing bags is a pia, but I had some scrap lumber to get rid of. Buyers will get a free bag of kindling this winter. Supposed to hit 95, so this is pretty low impact work in the shade.
    IMG_2574.jpeg
     
  2. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,248
    Likes Received:
    53,992
    Location:
    NC
  3. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,849
    Likes Received:
    121,339
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    That’s a great addition to a firewood purchase. Bet they’ll appreciate it.


    I was just out rearranging my garage, removing a couple antique 8’ fluorescent lights that have been dead for years and installing some generic light fixtures in their place. I became completely drenched w/ sweat in no time.
    F42BA835-EABC-493D-8CB5-F1048BD0CDF5.png

    Time for lunch then probably mowing. Supposed to peak around 92 today. :dennis:
     
  4. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,738
    Likes Received:
    214,835
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Nice! Customers like that. Ill comp most with a bundle of cedar kindling. Sometimes they buy more the following order. Im too cheap to buy the bags though. Use my bundling jig.
     
    eatonpcat, Chud and Backwoods Savage like this.
  5. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,836
    Likes Received:
    114,692
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
  6. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,738
    Likes Received:
    214,835
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
    MikeInMa likes this.
  7. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,836
    Likes Received:
    114,692
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    I doubt it. I have an unlimited supply of sticks and twigs.

    I just found it to be an interesting way to make kindling, if needed.
     
    buZZsaw BRAD likes this.
  8. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,738
    Likes Received:
    214,835
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Yeah mother nature provides around your place and how often do you need a restart once the stove is running for the season?

    I do like that kindling cracker though. Thought of making one with an old axe head.
     
    buzz-saw and MikeInMa like this.
  9. BuckeyeFootball

    BuckeyeFootball

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2020
    Messages:
    1,336
    Likes Received:
    9,114
    Location:
    Michigan
    buZZsaw BRAD and MikeInMa like this.
  10. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,248
    Likes Received:
    53,992
    Location:
    NC
    More than a month later and I am splitting wood without sweating. Man what a difference a month made with temperatures and humidity