In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

About two wheelbarrows full.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Gasifier, Oct 24, 2013.

  1. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    The bucket holds about two double wheelbarrows of wood. This is a mixture of several kinds of wood. 29 degrees this morning. Feels nice to work in.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    Looks good, Gassy! Its in the mid-30's here with snow flurries.......starting to feel like my favorite season of the year!!

    I'll be building my fall stash off the back deck this weekend/early next week. I'll put a cord of shoulder wood with some locust for overnighters in a stack off the of the deck that will last me through Thanksgiving. After the cold sets in, I'll be putting the wood in the basement on a bi-weekly basis.
     
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We had 32.7 this morning, gets any colder an I'll have to bring in the hemlock! :zip:

    Nice setup.
     
  4. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Ground isn't hard enough, starting do make some indentations. Back to the wheelbarrow. Heavy machine, going to have to wait till ground freezes good.
     
  5. concretegrazer

    concretegrazer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,429
    Likes Received:
    12,455
    Location:
    Southwest MO
    That's how I use to do it. Add a full set of clamp-ons to the list for the bobcat. :D
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  6. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I have heavy duty forks with it. I begin building cribs for the wood this year. When I stack next years wood it will be in cribs. Then move the whole thing with forks.

    Moving along.

    And Dog fight! These dogs have a blast wrestling and chasing each other. The life of Riley I tells ya!

    Interrupted twice already, but it is a nice quiet morning to work. After a little more peace and quiet, Time for some Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers!
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    dylskee and milleo like this.
  7. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Oh ya. It happened!
     

    Attached Files:

  8. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,493
    Likes Received:
    113,824
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Yep they can be a little hard on the grass. But such back savers.

    It's getting to be that time. I'm probably going to start moving some this weekend too.
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  9. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    A little White Birch and some swamp Ash. Sorta like when the air conditioner isn't working very well and you have sat behind the computer too long in the heat on firewoodhoardersclub. Oh, my bad. That is swamp a s s!
     

    Attached Files:

    milleo, Locust Post and Jack Straw like this.
  10. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Each row is about 10' long and 4' high.
     

    Attached Files:

  11. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Awesome way to move some wood! I use the loader on my tractor all the time but it's nowhere near that big.
     
    Gasifier and concretegrazer like this.
  12. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Ground too soft, switched to wheelbarrow. Now tired of that, no sense in getting too sore. Switch to this. And these guys help good too. Well sometimes! 1/2 day of school!
     

    Attached Files:

    Loon, dylskee, milleo and 4 others like this.
  13. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,190
    Location:
    Central MI
    Always nice to get the family involved.
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  14. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Love all your pics gas. You have a nice setup and sweet youngins to help. Nice!
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  15. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    My wife would kill me if she caught me driving on the lawn like that ! :rofl: :lol: Looks fun gasy !
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  16. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    After two trips I realized I need to wait till the ground freezes real good to do that. I then went to the wheelbarrow and then to the lawn tractor and trailer. It did not take long to get a good workout from that wheelbarrow.
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  17. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Sweet pics Gas..... You have a very nice set up!! And some nice helpers too :)
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  18. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Rows 3, 4, and part of five. Now it's raining. Oh maaaaan;(....

    If I take my time and back in straight I can get the trailer in nice and close.

    But there is about 2-3 inches on each side of mower deck between oil tank and wood pile. Pain right in the arse to get it just right.

    I know, I know. Take the deck off and you'll have more room. Frig that. Like I told my son. Shouldn't of put that dam pile of wood there until we had the back ones done! S$!t!
     

    Attached Files:

    milleo, Chvymn99 and Pallet Pete like this.
  19. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,493
    Likes Received:
    113,824
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Well you've got a nice storage area.

    It's been raining here for 3 days off & on. We are pretty saturated.... Glad I got most all my wood covered this past weekend.
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  20. concretegrazer

    concretegrazer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,429
    Likes Received:
    12,455
    Location:
    Southwest MO
    How high is the ceiling there Gas? Looks really low.