In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

Wife had the day off. We crawled out of bed about 12:30pm.

I’ve been sleeping 14-18 hours a day all week.

savemoney, wildwest, bogieb and 7 others like this.
  2. Chaz

Chaz

Belated condolences to you and your family 41FanForLife

Never easy.
    :confused:

3. Moparguy

Moparguy

Taking the rotating assembly out of this old DeSoto Hemi. Took this picture so I know the orientation on the main caps (which bank the numbers point to).

Going with my wife, kids, and parents to a family friend's house later for a cookout and fireworks. Taking only my daughters (2 and 7) to pick out fireworks. Can't have adults making "safe" or "reasonable" suggestions..

PXL_20230625_210233238.jpg

4. Erik B

Erik B

It had been awhile since I exercised my Sig Sauer 9MM so I went to the range to see if I can hit a target. Went well so I guess I am ready for my CC class on 7-15. I heard this morning one of the founding fathers suggested to celebrate by shooting firearms. I did my part this morning.:thumbs::thumbs::rootintootin::rootintootin:

5. Stephiedoll

Stephiedoll

I'd be happy to just get 5 hours. Did something to my back sometime Tuesday overnight last week. Hard to stand or sleep. Moving around not quite so bad.

6. Hammerhead20

Hammerhead20

7. yooperdave

yooperdave

Walking across your lawn after you cut it is like.....

[​IMG]

8. yooperdave

yooperdave

:jaw:

9. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

I was telling the wife I haven’t slept this much since I had mononucleosis back in 1989. That SUCKED.

today I just feel intoxicated and I haven’t drank anything but water and juice.

10. Chaz

Chaz

Well all.. I gotta confess.
    :whistle:

On Independence Day I "imposed" myself on my neighbors. (We're on great terms)

They just got an ATV/"quad".. and the wife was riding her kids around..

She had their youngest holding on in the rear.. and I just hated seeing that knowing how quickly things can go sour.

Now.. I am generally NOT that guy.. But I did toole over and offered our quad that has a rear seat.

The husband stopped in yesterday, and we talked about it. Aside from a safety standpoint, it's also storage.

20230704_195837.jpg

She took the kids for a ride on our quad.. and they were liking it.
    :yes:

She thanked me.. but I still don't like encroaching on others people's choices..

But.. in the effort of a kids safety.. I did.. and don't feel bad about it.

I'd rather be a friendly neighbor than hear that one of the kids took a tumble.
    :hair::hair::hair:

There can be no coming back from that under bad circumstances.

11. tree killer

tree killer

Ve
    ry good friend of mine lost his daughter that way when she was like 7 or 8. Her sister was riding her around and turned to look at something and rolled it in a ditch.

12. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Went big tonight, chicken off the grill, hot tomato salad with some broccoli and since the wife made some pudding, a healthy bowl of that with a big bowl of ice cream after the pudding.

Back on my weight loss journey tomorrow until July 11th. I'll see what the scale says in a few days. It said 200.6 this morning but I think it was off some since some cheating went on while watching a movie with the wife last night.

savemoney, wildwest, EODMSgt and 8 others like this.
  13. Chaz

Chaz

Hard to like that.
    :confused::confused:

Been there done that with Jill.. was visiting my sister and my BIL.. sister wanted to show Jill the property.. I was hesitant as my sister has limited "seat time".. but Jill said it would be OK..

5 broken ribs, punctured lung, and a broken collarbone.. yeah.. NOT so OK.
    :mad::mad::mad:

Same type of deal.. coming out of a ditch.. didn't see the rock that tossed them.
    :doh:

Helmet.. I find optional.. BUT that's a (relatively stupid) choice..

But when kids are riding.. I'm all about being a good influence. My use of a seatbelt when a buddy's kid was in my car likely saved both our lives.. and I'd have never lived down the alternate consequence.

I have been blessed over the years.. and my guardian angel has to be soooooooo ready for retirement.
    :faint:

savemoney, wildwest, JD Guy and 10 others like this.
  14. yooperdave

yooperdave

I had too much ice cream last evening so there'll be none tonight. 220 this morning. Actually, it was bouncing between 219.5 and 220 so I chose the higher. That way, it matched my BP readings! :D

15. tree killer

tree killer

We had some mid 20s Massachusetts people here over the weekend. One went home in a box the other got a flight to the ICU with massive head trauma. Speed, inexperience, not knowing the trails, think they are special attitude. Add it all up. Bad area for idiots where that happened and most locals avoid it because the idiots flock there.

savemoney, wildwest, EODMSgt and 7 others like this.
  16. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I have six full days left, double sessions on the treadmill will happen each day, 15 to 20 minutes per session. The ice cream is done until after the 11th but I did tell the wife when she was making the pudding that my max would be two bowls, I'll have my last tomorrow.

Even though the deer fly are horrible out, I'll be outside doing something firewood related work, splitting, stacking or moving some that was leftover from last heating season.

The push mower will be used just so I can drop some weight but not until I'm finished mowing the trails. After I hit 200 my goal was 195 but that 199 has been hard getting through but maybe the firewood related work will get me through that.

If I finish at 200, that will be a weight loss of 27.2 pounds, I can be happy with that.

17. Hammerhead20

Hammerhead20

Yup....... Sadly a lot of them think they are 10' tall & bulletproof.

18. Chaz

Chaz

Sad for the families torn up by those choices.

I gotta admit.. there's many times I shoulda been a statistic.. but I guess it wasn't meant to be that way.

I'm old enough now to realize what an idiot I was.

Now.. that doesn't mean I'd do anything different on a second go around.. but that's another whole discussion.
    :picard:

19. Chaz

Chaz

Aren't we all??

I'm closing in on 55 and still live life like there's no tomorrow.. someday there won't be.

Right now I have to be here and responsible.

The future will work itself out as it will.

20. tree killer

tree killer

I never expected to see 30. Now I’m too lame to do dumb stuff, well as much dumb stuff as I once did. Just think about what I’m doing more now. I’ve been broken bad and got lots of metal in me to remind myself that I ain’t 20 anymore and the bounce back is long gone.