In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

I did get a half dozen rounds split tonight. I don’t know how I did it but managed to bump the corner of my finger nail and cut open the finger tip against it. Gripes did it bleed and just wouldn’t quit.

Chaz, Hammerhead20, wildwest and 6 others like this.
  2. Erik B

Erik B

I started working on clearing the area where my new septic drain field will be going. I am cutting down trees that have to come out and cutting the trunks to 80 inches and then I will be stacking them out of the way of the work to be done. It is going to take a while. New system going in sometime in August. I am guessing I have to take down 15 or so trees, but none of them are really huge. While working out there today another tree came down for an unknown reason. If I can get all of the wood that is down and due to come down, I will be set for the next decade or so.

Chaz, Hammerhead20, Dok440 and 11 others like this.
  3. savemoney

savemoney

That is a really nice gift. Tongue and grove joints. Grade A wood. Nice. My adult kids have sets and use them frequently.

4. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

yooperdave , no SlimFast but after gaining some weight (203) I'm back down at 199.2. On July 10th the weight loss journey will be over, I should be below 195 but dang........it gets harder not sneaking a snack at night lately.

It was another smoke filled day with another one for tomorrow unless the forecast changes overnight. More rain coming in, it looks like some good summer weather is in short supply this year.

5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Just seen this for sale on FBMP...looks like a giant kindlin kracker basically...if was closer I might buy it, just because...
    [​IMG]

Stephiedoll, savemoney, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  6. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Seen this too...great idea, take off tailgate, pop on lifter, hook up winch cable, go pickup some fattys (logs, not buZZsaw BRAD 's X girlfriend) :whistle: ;) :rofl: :lol:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    Stephiedoll, eatonpcat, Chaz and 9 others like this.
  7. Dok440

Dok440

Hey I have that book on order! How do you like it? Rush is one of those bands that is always in my playlist.[/QUOTE]

8. 41FanForLife

41FanForLife

[/QUOTE]
    It's awesome to me. Shows life beyond the stage and fame. Lots of motorcycle and travel tales. 3rd book of his i have read. If you drop me your address i can send you his book about a bicycle tour in Africa

9. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Y'all have good musical taste. They are high up on my list too. :rofl: :lol:

More heavy Canadian smoke today. They say relief is coming this weekend. Hope everyone has a great day.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
  10. lukem

lukem

We got rocked with storms yesterday. Trees down everywhere. This is a picture of the sky when it was moving in.

PXL_20230629_185151726.jpg

11. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

With the weather not looking great before July 4th, I made a trip to three cemeteries and took care of the flowers and cut back some sod around a veteran's marker and then cleaned it.

Another day with smoke, not the worst we've had but without much wind, it's just hanging around.

199.8 on my 70th day, after today I have 10 days left. :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

12. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

13. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

On 4/15/23 in the morning, I weighed 227.2. The wife ask me last night how much longer, I said on July 11th we can go out or just have a nice meal here.

I don't plan on eating the way I did during the week, I'm sort of liking the wraps with lettuce since it will keep off the pounds but we will have some better meals for supper.

14. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Fantastic; I went into surgery last year at 250 now down to 226. Would like to be 215 in 5 weeks.

weakness is bread and bourbon :emb:

15. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Thanks, it has been the longest time I've been on a weight loss journey. 250 down to 226 is great, I hope you can hit 215 but it's tough.

I always have problems getting through a certain weights, this year it was 214 and that's when I started on the treadmill twice or three times a day until the feet starting sending me unkindly signals. I'm having problems breaking through 199 so I'll do the treadmill twice a day unless I'm outside working but not at the pace I was doing when I was 214 to 210.

Washing the vehicles has really been a good workout for losing weight for me, usually after washing a vehicle I lose over a pound but with the smoke hanging around, the lungs are more important than a pound.

16. savemoney

savemoney

I hate storms like that. Where there are trees down, there is also property loss, injuries etc. We seem to get a lot of road washouts with these severe storms. The big culverts wash right out. They really need to be replaced with bridges. Culverts always seem not to have the capacity to handle storms and flash flooding. Also the flow rate through culverts isn't compatible with fish migration.

17. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

That's a tough looking sky, we might be in for some high winds, heavy rain with lightning tomorrow. Hopefully nobody was hurt.

18. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

We get the same around here with the culverts, I also saw plenty of driveways that washed out from the heavy rains we've had this summer.

19. Erik B

Erik B

Where we have streams flowing under county roads the culverts are at least 6 feet in diameter. I haven't seen one wash out yet.

20. bogieb

bogieb

I saw some pictures of a corn field that was flattened by suspected straight line winds. Although quite amazing to see, how horrible for the farmers.