In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. savemoney

savemoney

So very very true. I recall you worked you butt off making that pictural scene. Goes to show not all of man's efforts are destructive.

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

O7

3. savemoney

savemoney

Wasn't it just a month ago you were butt deep in snow!!

4. lukem

lukem

The only thing I hate more than plumbing is plumbing under ground. Spent the whole day doing it too.

5. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

Plumbing under concrete

6. lukem

lukem

I had some unexpected concrete involved. Long story.

7. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Water leaks under 10" of concrete are the best :picard:

8. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

This is getting to be a regular occurrence

2023-05-28-16-22-24-234.jpg 2023-05-28-16-22-51-840.jpg 2023-05-28-16-23-22-842.jpg 2023-05-28-16-25-05-789.jpg

9. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I hit 208.6 the other morning but a day with the family and some good food took care of that, 211.2 this morning. 200 is my target weight but once I hit that I'll lose two more pounds before I start cooking again. Hopefully by Friday I'll be 205 or below.

It will be our warmest week this spring, we were just over 83 today, pretty much the same temps all week except we could hit 90 one of those days.

10. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

If I lived closer, I would be helping you out, thank you for your service.

My aunt can't make it up north because of health reasons so I've been planting and taking care of the flowers for about six years. I had countless number of great Italian meals at my grandmother's/grandfather's house so when I'm at the cemetery even though I can't smell the homemade bread, sauce or whatever great meal she was cooking, it sure comes back to me.....sure miss those days.

11. savemoney

savemoney

Thank you so much. We have our memories. That counts so much. I think that when the time comes, my wife and I will have our ashes in the veteran's cemetery. There we will have a flat marker. No decorations except for the flag and wreath placed on it by the organizations. Hope you are enjoying the holiday.

12. savemoney

savemoney

13. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

:usa: :salute:

savemoney, Hammerhead20 and bogieb like this.
  14. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Fish sure does draw a crowd.

DSCF5021.JPG

15. bogieb

bogieb

I was visiting the family in Kansas Tuesday thru Saturday. During the entire time I was out of NH I didn't have cell phone service or text (even at airports). I could connect to wifi and use any apps I wanted, but the main function of the phone was a no-go. I have US Cellular, and it has never failed me because they have agreements with Verizon (which has massive coverage in KS). I did some research and everyplace was telling me I would have to remove then reinstall the SIM card, reset the network (loosing a lot of presets), or do a factory reset. But, it was clear that they were talking about no cell service from anyone (including your own carrier). I messed around with the settings, rebooting etc but I didn't want to do anything drastic.

Finally found a site that said old software may be to blame. My phone is old enough that it hasn't updated for 1 or 1.5 years so I thought that may be the problem. I found a US cellular site in KS about 30 miles from where I was staying so my mom and I went on a field trip to see if I had inadvertently changed something since my last trip. About 10 miles away my phone suddenly started pinging with texts coming in. I looked and sure enough I had cell service. Decided that they probably couldn't figure out anything if had cell service so decided to turn around and not bother. Besides, I had been thinking of getting a new phone and that gave me the excuse I needed to spend money on one.

Yesterday afternoon it was in the 90s so decided it was a great time to go to my favorite US Cellular location. Told the guy my woes and he looked up where I had been and figured I was correct. At the very least, since My old S9+ didn't have 5G, that might have been the issue too (some networks have dropped support for the older tech). I had done my research and wanted a phone that could take my SD card for all my picture taking, and the flagship Samsungs don't. But, there is a nice mid-range phone that does, and has decent performance at less than 1/2 the price of the more popular models. After all was said and done, I walked out with an A54 and a contract that included insurance and unlimited data that was only $2 more than what I'd been paying. My old plan (not a contract) had limited data although I could go over and they would automatically charge for the next higher amount.

Most things were synced at the store or on my way home, but of course I had to set up a few things last night. I kept my old phone as a backup and it still retained its wifi connecting abilities, so that is cool.

16. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

I’ve got an old apple 8+ iPhone I keep getting grieve over to replace and upgrade. I’ve replaced the lightening port and all that when it broke on me. Apple said they can’t service that part:p. Even got a new gasket to reseal the case and all.

there’s a way to go into the settings and such to reset your network connections I have to do about once a week. The worst part of doing that is I have to relog into websites etc.

with the carriers dropping like 1g or whatever it was last year, unless you truly had an old flip style like phone, I doubt it was due to age.

the only benefit I’m learning I’ll gain going to a newer phone is with an iPhone 11 or newer, I can use more functionality with my hearing aids and other things over Bluetooth. I guess my new hearing aids have microphone in them too so I can use them as a hands free device etc.

not saying a new phone wasn’t needed, just wondering what the issue really was. Traveling sucks with a cellphone. I’m constantly having issues and having to reboot or reset the network regardless of age of my phones.

17. Hammerhead20

Hammerhead20

... ain't technology GREAT ???? .................. when it works, that is !!!!!!!

18. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Since this week is our first really hot week, today I watered the flowers and the new trees we planted earlier this year. I have a friend that had one wheel on the gas grill break over the winter, I have a neighbor who has two old grills they don't use so after I called them, they gave me permission to take some wheels off the grill near our property.

The wheels are the correct size so I cleaned them up before I put them on, they weren't real bad but they do look better after I cleaned them up.

After I cleaned the wheels it was time the saw was cleaned, done.

Attached Files:

19. bogieb

bogieb

My mother had to get a new phone last winter because Verizon dropped 3G.

If my phone/text didn't work at all, I would have tried going drastic. But since it was just for Verizon controlled areas, then I wasn't up for that. Not like I get a lot of texts or calls - in fact it is rare when I do. Having text would have been handy a couple of times, but since I still had email service, I was good. Never had an issue with my phone there before - the only thing that changed since I was there 6 months ago was that Verizon dropped the 3G.

Eh, I'm fine with a new phone. I did have an issue where I had to restart the old phone every couple of days, sometimes a couple of times a day, because it wouldn't received emails (which I need way more than phone/text). Haven't had to restart the new phone yet, so hopefully I won't have that issue any more.

Ain't that the truth.

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  20. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

savemoney, wildwest and brenndatomu like this.