In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Air cleaners that can handle the dust

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by glorth2, May 25, 2023.

1. glorth2

glorth2

I'm flying solo these days and hate to dust. Are there any air cleaners that can handle the dust a stove/insert generates? TIA!

metalcuttr and wildwest like this.
  2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

SmokeyTheBear has a very interesting one, maybe he'll jump in and tell you about it.

metalcuttr and glorth2 like this.
  3. In the Pines

In the Pines

air scrubber is what I call them. Get a can carbon filter and an inline duct fan. mate them together and it will clear the air.
    I use one for my camper because I smoke.
    I plug it in and in 15 minutes or less it's clean. They can be loud but you can also set them on a timer. I just manually run the camper scrubber.

metalcuttr and wildwest like this.
  4. Geoff C

Geoff C

There’s a homemade design with a box fan and 4 furnace air filters.

JimBear, metalcuttr, Rich L and 3 others like this.
  5. blacktail

blacktail

I bought a pair of these. I gave em a try since my house has electric wall heaters, so no central furnace with a filter. 3 speeds and timer settings of 2, 4, 6, & 8 hours. I mostly turned them on for 8 hours when I got home from work, with one set on speed #1 and the other at #2. My electric bills went up about $10 a month with them in use.
    Because I'm a wood heat nerd, I did find myself constantly thinking about how a device shooting colder air up from the floor might affect the heat loop from my insert.
    Overall I give them a thumbs up.
    Screenshot_20230603_132056_Samsung Internet.jpg

JimBear and metalcuttr like this.