Looks like a brand new chevy/gmc. Lost 2 close friends to booze behind the wheel. Hopefully no passenger in that truck, if the driver lived they'll deal with that for the rest of their miserable life
Yes pretty new truck. The driver actually ran from the scene. Apparently the passenger was about 3" from getting killed the fireman said. The one pole piece is jammed down in the passenger seat. Even scarier is I was on that stretch of road going to another call right around the time it had to have happened. They were less than 600' from the bar so probably trying to show off.
It is all pretty simple, If you want to drink, drink. If you want to drive,drive. Don't mix the two. Some stupid idiots don't get it. Most of those come from "I know I can drink _?_ beers and can still drive"
As bad or worse is the story I was reading earlier about some lady in ND. Going 85 mph and rear ended an SUV killing one of the passengers in the SUV which happened to be an 85 year old woman. Can you imagine driving 85 mph....while you are on Facebook? That is what she was doing at the time of the accident.
Distracted driving, to me, should be as bad as a DUI. I've been run off the road 4 times this summer everyone of them starring down at a phone
I was thinking the same thing. Idiots driving a multi ton vehicle down the road at 70 mph ... texting, dialing, reading... their Iphones...
I don't know how fast this guy was going but he broke two poles. An old one with C&P wires and a new electric pole. Can't believe he bailed on his buddy though.
I always think about how it would be to live the rest of your life knowing you killed a child because of you own stupidity. Whether its drinking or texting. That would be Hell on earth.
We got a BIG $$$$$ dentist in this area who crossed the centerline of a hiway and killed a father of three young kids after a afternoon of drinking 2 years ago. She hired the best lawyer for DUI offenses in Canada and has probably spent in excess of half a million $$$$ so far, tying the case up in complications and is probably gonna walk away on technicalities when it finally does end. When you see her around town you don't see 1 ounce of remorse on her face. She acts like it never happened. Sadly for his family, it isn't anything more than a PITA for her to be inconvienced. Who says big $$$$$$ don't buy a different level of justice................................